Ratings for Dr. Keshavpal G. Reddy

I have been a psychiatric patient since 2001. It's been my experience, after having being dropped on my behind out of the blue with no warning while on meds my body depended on by THREE psychiatrists, that most psychiatrists are pretty messed up people themselves and aren't exactly competent, dependable or mentally or behaviorally stable themselves. Dr. Reddy, however, is dependable, reliable, and mentally, behaviorally and interpersonally healthy as well as moral and ethical. I've been his patient for three years and have carefully observed his mood, behavior, prescribing practices, attendance, phone availability, emergent availability, social skills, bedside manner, awareness of patient's mental state and prompt, as well as non confrontational, execution of treatment adjustments. He keeps thorough records of not only patient complaints, but his own observations of symptoms the patient may not be aware of. Dr. Reddy first stabilized me so I could care for myself when I was incredibly vulnerable to abuse as a result of not being able to secure my own survival needs and has ensured my ongoing ability to manage my own affairs and that of my children. He has never been critical of me, nor confrontational, but instead makes a point of commenting on my strengths and being a strong advocate for my success. I have seen him once when he wasn't his normal cheerful self and even though his affect was serious, he still treated me with the respect, care and concern as always. His behavior is consistent even on a bad day. I don't just owe this man my long term stability, I owe this man my life. And that's why I happily drive over an hour every three months knowing that I will wait close to two hours after my scheduled appointment before he sees me, even the two years I was bedridden from physically illness. In fact, I almost always wait gratefully since I have extensive experience with the quality of care that is the alternative to minor inconvenience.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

I waited over 2 hours to see him at scheduled appointment. There were 4 clients ahead of me waiting to see him. Staff didn't know how much longer my wait would be. I informed staff that I had to leave due to a medical problem. I was advised the following day that the office hsd called my pharmacy and cancelled the remaining refills on my medicine. The next day I requested my medical records be sent to a new psychiatrist outside his practice.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

You have to wait a long time to see him sometimes an hour after your appointment. You won't be spending a long time with him because he moves people in and out quickly. He is very smart, nice and knows his trade. He is the best psych doctor I have worked with in a long time. His best quality is that he is positive and listens intently.

Submitted October 2, 2011

Dr. Keshavpal G. Reddy's Credentials

• Osmania Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Ap, India (Grad. 1981)

Unicare