Ratings for Dr. Gilbert T. Tamakloe

Dr. Tamakloe is a friendly Doctor but he was unwilling cede my request to wean off of a medication. He also seemed intent on getting me onto a medication that would cost me hundreds of dollars a month even though I am doing fine without it. I am not sure I trust him and so I am switching. Office staff is hit or miss.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I was sexually abused in this person's unit twice. I talked to him about it and he laughed and said sexual abuse is normal at South Seminole hospital.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Very limited office hours. He is only available from Monday to Wednesday 1-4, which is very strange for any professional doctor. If you have to reschedule, he won't have any appointment available in 3 to 4 months. He believes himself to be more important than your school, work, and family so if you keep rescheduling, he will discharge you. I was told by his staff to call every day in case something became available. I called every day and then he discharged me because i couldn't see him. His office staff is very rude. They have often put me on hold for over 10 minutes just to hang up on me. He over-medicates and berates me for having terrible side effects to the medications he prescribes.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Im leaving this comment on behalf of myself and my son Shane, as a patient I am very fortunate to have been treated by DR.Tamakloe, I was involved in a car accident, 5 yrs ago, as a result I was under the care of numerous Doctors,physical therapy, pain management,etc, however as time went on I was prescribed with pain medication and other meds, that resulted in complications , after I tried myself to stop the pain meds I was unsuccessful, until I ask a family member to take me to fl hospital long wood, and request detox of all meds in my system,as a result after 5 days of care, and Dr.Tamakloe as my follow up care, I did not need any opiet pain meds at all,and for this I am truly Blessed to have him as my Doctor, He is a delight to visit and talk with him as a patient, my son Shane had been in multiple rehab facilities for Drug addiction, after 3 yrs and numerous Doctors, Shanes progress has Improved tremendously,with Dr.Tamokloe, and there is no price for that,Thank you, God bless

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013

This is a truly very knowledgeable and friendly psychiatrist. Dr. Tamakloe has excellent bedside manners and is very willing to work with you on medication management. He is clearly one of the best psychiatrists that Orlando has to offer. I have been his patient for about 3 or so years and haven't had a complaint. He won a Patient's Choice Award in 2010 (I think) Highly recommended. No regrets :-)

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011

I would not recommend Dr. Tamakloe because he is unwilling to work with you and your insurance company; thus, you get stuck paying the entire bill out of your own pocket. He was unwilling to look at other doctors' comments on the primary diagnosis before making his own diagnosis which our insurance company does not cover. Now we must pay a $544 bill instead of a $108.80 bill!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

Best Dr. I have ever met. He is the most knowledgable Psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

VERY HELPFUL HIGHLY INTELECTUAL ,SEEN HIM FOR THE PAST 7YEARS &ALWAYS MAKE ME REFRESH,GIVE ME ALL CHOICES BEFORE ORDERING ANY MEDICATION JUST MAKES YOU TO PLAN FOR YOUR FUTURE GIVES YOU HELP TO THINK FOR YOURSELF WHAT IS GOOD OR BAD NEVER BEEN JUDGEMENTAL,

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

Dr. T was amazing. He is so caring and understanding. When I thanked him for not being judgemental he said, "Why would I be judgemental? If I can't stand the heat I'd better get out of the kitchen." He listens - really listens and then give recommendations. It takes a long time to get in to see him but it's worth it.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

I would highly reccomend Dr. Tamakloe to anyone who needs counseling or medications monitored. He has always taken time to answer all my concerns, has flexibility for follow up appointments, and is very detail oriented. He made me feel at ease from our first appointment and has been consistent in his professionalism and genuine caregiving.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008