Ratings for Dr. Zelma Kiss

After concussion, completely ignored my concerns for declining ability to function, said come back in 2 months. Almost lost all functions in next 5 weeks, had to go to ER and wait in line for emergency surgery. Do not take anyone you love to this dr.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2018

Absolutely heartless. It's a tragedy this woman works with the sick and vulnerable as she is cold as ice. She may be a good surgeon, but her follow up care is atrocious and has left my family member at significant risk. She's condescending and belittling. Avoid if you can.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

Brutal - very slo and plodding. Didn't read my chart and ignored my tremmor. I was shaking very bad and she didn't take notice, wrote down that i was fine. My GP referred me to another doctor who I saw last week and he is much better.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Talks down to you. If you have a different point of view from hers she rolls hers eye's like a 10 yr old not happy with having to clean her room. Very much lacking social skills. Unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Performed spinal cord stimulator surgery with no complications.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

This doctor is very unprofessional, she may have a degree in neurology but bed side manners are very unprofessional. She can't even introduce herself to family and makes accusations without even looking at his char.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Very good and very helpful sure glad I had her do my dbs Thankyou dr kiss

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I was introduced to Dr. Kiss through Dr. Ranawaya. He had treated me for years for Cervical Dystonia. The botox shots and myoblox shots were only working for 2 or 3 weeks at a time and you could only get them every 3 months or you become immune to the botox. The pain and spasms were terrible. After conferring with Dr. Kiss, I decided to go ahead with the installation of a DBS (Deep Brain Stimulator). My wife and I decided that we should go ahead with the operation. It was 8 hours long and could have gone longer, I don't know how Dr Kiss could be so tentative. I had to stay awake to let her know exactly what was happening after they installed the two electrodes in my skull and brain. Usually numbness or tingling in different areas. The blue and red stars I saw were fantastic. After the install of the DBS unit, I had to wait for some healing before they installed the DBS Battery unit. I recall her saying , your now the million dollar man. She couldn't bend my neck while I was out cold, that's how much tension and stress there was on the nerves and muscle's. The unit was installed in late December 2004 and hooked up early January. It was difficult to adjust the 5 depths of the electrode, but with weekly visits with then Christina, they got the right setting. Without this operation my head would be laying on my shoulder and I would be in great pain. The unit has made a significant change in lifestyle for me. Dr. Kiss is indeed a professional and I Thank her dearly for looking after me, I realize how busy and committed she is.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

As if the pain I was in wasn't enough, I had to be subjected to being berated and mistreated by this miserable woman. NEVER again. If or when I do need a Neurosurgeon, I will leave the province if needed to avoid her operating on me. Very unprofessional, rude and condescending. Cannot believe that she is allowed to practice medicine. Yes, she may be book smart, but she is unable to communicate with others without bullying. Shame on you Dr. Kiss.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I was truly blessed to have been referred to Dr. Kiss after multiple failed surgeries for nerve damage due to an accident, I was a candidate for a neurostimulator implant and Dr Kiss has helped me tremendously! Anyone who even gets a chance to be seen by Dr. Kiss should be very greatly. She is a busy doctor, very caring and an excellent Neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015