Ratings for Dr. Zelma Kiss

This doctor is very unprofessional, she may have a degree in neurology but bed side manners are very unprofessional. She can't even introduce herself to family and makes accusations without even looking at his char.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Very good and very helpful sure glad I had her do my dbs Thankyou dr kiss

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I was introduced to Dr. Kiss through Dr. Ranawaya. He had treated me for years for Cervical Dystonia. The botox shots and myoblox shots were only working for 2 or 3 weeks at a time and you could only get them every 3 months or you become immune to the botox. The pain and spasms were terrible. After conferring with Dr. Kiss, I decided to go ahead with the installation of a DBS (Deep Brain Stimulator). My wife and I decided that we should go ahead with the operation. It was 8 hours long and could have gone longer, I don't know how Dr Kiss could be so tentative. I had to stay awake to let her know exactly what was happening after they installed the two electrodes in my skull and brain. Usually numbness or tingling in different areas. The blue and red stars I saw were fantastic. After the install of the DBS unit, I had to wait for some healing before they installed the DBS Battery unit. I recall her saying , your now the million dollar man. She couldn't bend my neck while I was out cold, that's how much tension and stress there was on the nerves and muscle's. The unit was installed in late December 2004 and hooked up early January. It was difficult to adjust the 5 depths of the electrode, but with weekly visits with then Christina, they got the right setting. Without this operation my head would be laying on my shoulder and I would be in great pain. The unit has made a significant change in lifestyle for me. Dr. Kiss is indeed a professional and I Thank her dearly for looking after me, I realize how busy and committed she is.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

As if the pain I was in wasn't enough, I had to be subjected to being berated and mistreated by this miserable woman. NEVER again. If or when I do need a Neurosurgeon, I will leave the province if needed to avoid her operating on me. Very unprofessional, rude and condescending. Cannot believe that she is allowed to practice medicine. Yes, she may be book smart, but she is unable to communicate with others without bullying. Shame on you Dr. Kiss.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I was truly blessed to have been referred to Dr. Kiss after multiple failed surgeries for nerve damage due to an accident, I was a candidate for a neurostimulator implant and Dr Kiss has helped me tremendously! Anyone who even gets a chance to be seen by Dr. Kiss should be very greatly. She is a busy doctor, very caring and an excellent Neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

1 St appointment the best doctor I have ever seen very kind and careing she is a ten in my books

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I was very eager to see Dr. Kiss because of her specialty (long term pain control), & I hoped I would find some options. I never asked to see her, she came to me but I thought "what could ii hurt"? I saw her support staff once (a whole other can of worms) & was very disheartened by their attitudes towards me. She came in at the tail end of my appointment & said she was confident she could help me. She needed to discuss my case w her colleagues & would get back to me by a certain date AND if I didn't hear from her by then, to call her. Since then, I have heard NOTHING & a month past that date, I STILL haven't. I did call her as she asked, 4x. I left 2 msgs & the other 2x, her service wasn't accepting msgs. I asked for nothing & unfortunately, that's exactly what I got.

Submitted October 14, 2013

I had a consultation with Dr. Kiss and she was on time which I find for any Doctor is amazing considering what they have to do. She was very helpful, explained everything, did not rush me at all and was very pleasant. If her surgical skill is just as good I will be a very happy man.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

I feel I received high quality care from Dr. Kiss. Her manor may be a little brusque, but she is trying to maintain a tight schedule of staff and operating rooms. I'm mightily pleased at the level of care I received. Now, two nights at the Foothills Hospital were another matter....

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

I had a microdiscectomy performed by Dr.Kiss in 2006. It was supposed to be at the L4-L5 level. She made the incision on level too low at L5-S1 and then one level L3-L4 before finally getting it right at L4-L5. The nerve pain was reduced post surgery and leg numbness also, but she made a microsurgery into a macrosurgery and did not seem very apologetic for her mistake(s).

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013