Ratings for Dr. John F. Nolan

This doctor was solely responsible for killing my grandmother. He thinks he knows it all and avoids sending people to specialists. He also destroyed my life by prescribing Ketorolac for 5 months when it is only to be given for a week. A very corrosive medicine caused bleeding and permanent gull bladder problems for life. My life is complete misery from this fool. He actually had the nerve to say the pain is in my head after he destroyed me. Unfortunately it took me 40 years to find out what a fool he is. If this is your doctor NEVER use him for ICBC or Worksafe BC as he works and sides with them entirely. Every doctor I have seen since I fired the fool in Oct 2010 made him look even worse as not one doctor would ever prescribe this medicine for 5 months. Especially because I bled from both ends constantly and told him day one this medicine is BAD for me. I aspirated 3 times almost causing death. He then fabricated my own recovery records allowing Worksafe BC to Manipulate me and add to the destruction. I want all Worksafe BC patients to have full access to all medical records. When I had an opportunity to have corrective Cervical Fusion I only took it because this doctor made me suffer for 3 years after a MVA. After going to Emergency 3x in 12 days of occupational therapy that he sent me to. He expected me to return to work and I was not going to get any pension at all from his false document. This doctor should HANG for the misery he caused me and my family. You will never get a pension from a work accident from Dr Francis Nolan. I assure you that!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

average doctor for average and common issues...forget about preventative care...pretty old school in general

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

I've had him since I was 10. Now I am 20. He's the best approachable doctor I've seen or had. I plan on still having him until he retires =( Highly recommended!

Submitted April 13, 2012

I have been seeing Dr.nolan for a few years.He refusedto send me to an eye specialist saying it costs the taxpayers too much $$.When i threatened him with malpractice he referred me and now im a candidate for ICL.I have had pain in my leg and back for over a year.he isnt wiling to look at it.He is often surly and more concerned with time.the only thing he does well is give injections.I would never recommend him

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

I saw a dr Nolan at a carepoint medical clinic located at 555 w 6th new Westminster, my son had a fever and vomitted, he refused to take his temperature and said "I don't do that. Ask the nurse" no instructions on how to care for my baby, No nurse came to help us either, so I walked to another clinic. Dr Nolan and the carepoint staff did not help me or my baby at all.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

I've had Dr. Nolan as a family doctor for my whole life (33 yrs). He treated my mother (pass away),treats my father,siblings,my daughters,neice and nephews.He is the only doctor I truly trust. I can see him on very short notice if need be and he always takes even the smallest thing seriously. Would definately recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr. Nolan has been our family doctor for over 20 years. Maintained him as our family doctor during our residence time in South Vancouver (over 13 years), during our residency in Steveston (approx 8 years), and now during residency in Newton. Son now lives in Pt. Moody and retains Dr. Nolan as his practioner.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2010

Average doctor, not particularly interested in a proactive approach to health care though...

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

I been seeing Dr Nolan for @ 30 years and always find him thorough, constructive, and extremely knowledgeable. He would send me to a specialist before misdiagnosing and causing problems. He now treats my children and husband with the same care and consideration. I have always found my checkups thorough and never came away feeling I was pushed through or felt the appointment was inadequate.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

very accomodating and helpful looked after me for many years am pleased with his efforts

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008