You may also like

Rate Dr. Ian Hyams

Dr. Ian Hyams's Ratings

What a horrible man and horrible experience. He could care less about his patients. It took weeks and many phone calls to get him to deliver on sending a referral and not only that, he sent a referral to a specialist I don't even need to see opposed to kind I do. What careless action, while I sit here and worry and suffer and trust him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841937].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 18, 2015

I am so blessed to have Dr. Hyams as my GP and pain specialist. I have been suffering with osteo arthritis and FM for 25 years. Although he became my Dr under tragic circumstances, the death of my family Dr. It has turned out to be such a blessing. He is so knowledgeable in pain matters. If there is something he doesn't know he doesn't hesitate to have you sent to a specialist. Yes there are sometimes waits but he is always willing to listen. He is emphathetic, kind , knowledgeable, and compassionate. Even thou my pain is quite often out of control it is not from lack of trying. He tries everything. He listens. Since Ashley has come into the office everything is more organized and wait times are much less. Women's hospital is lucky to have him!! I don't know if I would have survived without his caring support. He is the best

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2825732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I am very very grateful to Dr Ian Hyams for being the knowledgeable and compassionate doctor he is. We are blessed to have him here in the lower mainland and how incredible we have the womens hospital programme under his directorship. I don't care how late he runs...he is there for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2794511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I have been suffering from fibromyalgia for the last 45 years. Ten years ago my husband and I were so fortunate to hear Dr. Hyams name on the radio saying that he specializes in fibromyalgia. Ever since my first visit he has been with me every step of the way. He goes to great length to help me control my pain. He is so knowledgable and always has time to listen and answer my questions. He takes care of me and my husband like he would take care of his parents. He is a gift to us. We cannot imagine not having him around. He is a top notch doctor. Now that Ashley is with him we feel even more safe. We are so grateful to have him as our fibromyalgia specialist / family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2771394].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

He is a caring, competent doctor who listens . He is the best doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2720473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

Dr. Hyams is a unique doctor who is treating the most difficult and complicated illnesses. He is persistent in looking for answers, even if it includes alternative treatments or natural supplements. He is careful in prescribing medication, very thorough in his testing, and subtle in making recommendations that include conventional drugs mixed with alternative suggestions. He keeps going where other doctors have stopped. At the same time he respects the decisions of a patient's own GP or Specialist. I am a Chronic Fatigue patient. I find Dr. Hyams to be a valuable member of my team of doctors, with many years of experience in this field, highly knowledgeable, sensitive, patient. I am thankful to be in his care, for medical and emotional reasons. May he have the ongoing strength to be available to his patients and to the Women's Hospital Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Centre. We are blessed to have a doctor like Dr. Hyams in Vancouver.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2717532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Dr Hyams, is a very gifted and talented physician. He is always up on new innovations, findings, studies and medications. I cannot speak to his new location in West Vancouver as I have not yet visited it which shows that over the last number of years he has helped me get my condtions under control and managable. I will, with some new recent health issues, be booking a visit with him soon. One must sometimes overlook the front of the office in physician offices. Medical admin staff remember have to deal with the sometimes angry, frustrated, chronic pain patients who can be rude and surly due to pain all day every day. The burnout of these staff is high in walk in clinics and speciality clinics all over the province.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I am a new patient of Hyams and I am so grateful to be so. I have been treated with compassion and openness that I am not used to. I am hopeful for a helpful future with Dr Hyams. Yes there are cancellations yes there are waits...well I would rather be cancelled and wait than not have an option at all for being helped by Dr Hyams. the good guys are very busy but kind people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Dear Dr Ian
You are the Best of the Best!
You dont even give up wen all the other dr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Some of the reports you read on here may not be too fair and I believe the Staff has had a welcome changeover since some of those negative comments were posted. What you do need to know is... Dr. Hyams is the most knowledgable person I have come across when it comes to treating FMS/CFS and the entire physical body as an emotional, spiritual being. He is most empathetic and spends the time required on each patient. He truly is an expert in this field and up to date where as other Dr.s I have encountered are so out of touch, uninformed, and become impatient or offer treatment that does not make sense. As much as I love him as my Doctor, I really believe he should be training the medical profession as a whole, on how to quickly and properly diagnose, manage and properly treat people dealing with these chronic pains and life altering conditions. That said, to give this kind of service, sometimes there are waits, disruptions, cancellations, even last minute, so prepare for that, but know your time when you have it will be worth it. There is a great coffee shop called Crema down the street and a beautiful ocean view park across the street. I, for one am super grateful to be a patient of Dr. Hyams and I am on a fixed, extremely low income budget (as are many of patients) and do not pay for any additional services and am treated well. There are alternative services that one can pay if you have the money and it is not because the clinic is out to rip you off, it is simply because those services are not covered by extended heath care at this time. I sincerely hope one day they might be. Just remember, a positive attitude goes a long way in your own healing ~

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2539379].votes_count ]]