Ratings for Dr. Rano T. Mathew

I didn't find much of help from him! I don't think he really cares about his patients. He only tried to assert his view on diet. When I came up to him with a complain that I still have problems after taking all the meds he has prescribed for a while he just dumped me (refused to treat me anymore). He even didn't try to soften the blow by admitting his inability in solving the problem and referring to more competent doctor! Don't waste your time with him!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Unethical. There was a conflict of interest that he covered up and proceeded to misdiagnose. Avoid him!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

My recent experience with Dr. Rano Thomas Mathew and his male therapist is that neither one of them had my best interests as a priority. They treated me with arrogance and disrespect and I would never see either of them again! The doctor was helpful at first and he suggested a treatment for me which sounded promising. However, the therapist was deceiving and manipulative and he did not follow through with his treatment plan. When I tried to talk with the doctor about how things were not going as he had intended, he didn't seem to remember what he had told me and he was no help at all. They also grossly overcharged for therapy services. I strongly recommend seeking help with professionals who have more compassion and integrity.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

I've been to many shrinks - Dr. Mathew's one of the BEST. He's kind, has a great bedside manner, is very knowledgeable, yet always open to my thoughts and concerns. He's just as vigilant now as when I first started seeing him a few years ago. I've never felt like my point of view was dismissed b/c I'm "sick" and don't know what's good for me, even when that may have been the case. If you want a doctor to blindly write you 'scripts for whatever is on your pill popper's wish list, he's not your guy. But if you want someone to help you get your head together, or to get/stay on the wagon, give him a call. He's not scary or intimidating, nor will you feel judged, you can usually get an appt. in a decent amount of time, and I've never heard of him turning down anyone who asks for help. I'm a difficult patient at best, I do not trust doctors, but I trust him more than most, and feel like he always has MY BEST INTERESTS at heart.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr. Rano T. Mathew's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1990)