Ratings for Dr. Cheryl J. Buda

Dr. Buda is one of the two worst psychiatrists I've seen in the past 15 years. I have persistent, drug-resistant and treatment-resistent depression which I did not understand until I started reading about it and my current psychiatrist (who I started seeing after Buda) quickly diagnosed. I saw Dr. Buda for three years (why I stayed that long I don't know). In short, she was condescending, and unwilling to prescribe "old" meds -- insisted on trying the "latest and greatest." I asked about consulting with another doc in her practice -- she said don't bother, they all know the same as me. She continually insisted my depression was because of my weight, even after I lost 25 pounds and told her my depression was not better. Finally, she threw her arms up in the air and said, "Well, I don't know what you want me to do!" What?? Help me! I've been begging you to understand that my illness is not like the average patient. Her last words to me were to get a full-time job and suck it up (I was already working three part-time jobs). I almost forgot the worst part. Five years ago I was admitted to the psychiatric unit of a local hospital through the ER. The so-called psychiatrist there talked to me for a total of three minutes before assigning me the diagnosis of bipolar II. Dr. Buda read that in his notes and automatically assumed that was the diagnosis. Over the course of three years with Buda, I sought second opinions with three other psychiatrists, including at Mayo Clinic and a depression specialty clinic in Phoenix. All three docs disagreed with the bipolar diagnosis for several reasons. I was even close. Despite all those extremely educated medical diagnoses, Buda insisted she was right and I was bipolar. She is an awful excuse for a mental healthcare professional. Doctors like her are the reason so many patients lose hope in finding effective treatment. She is the worst of the worst.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I can't say enough about Dr Buda. She is kind, caring and an all around wonderful Dr. She offers solutions and valuable information. I was a wreck when I first saw her. I wouldn't be where I am today without her.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Cheryl J. Buda's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)