Ratings for Dr. Philip C Benton

A little wait as he does spend time listening to all patients needs and concerns so it is worth it! Pain free with injections and no pain pills thanks to Dr. B!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Philip Benton saved my life as a result of a trauma. I can not say enough good things about this man and his skill as a surgeon. All he asks of his patients is for them to do their part in return, which means physical therapy, etc.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Benton spent time with me, listened, and took care of my knee pain. Every Dr. I had been to told me it was my knee causing the knee pain. Another Dr. even performed knee replacement surgery on me, but I still had pain. After years of being in agony, Dr. Benton told me it was my back, gave me a spine injection I thought would hurt, but it did not, and freed my from my knee pain permanently! It has been a year and I am pain free! No need for pain medication and life is good! Also since he has the same equipment in his office the big hospitals do, my cost after insurance was a lot less!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Dr. Benton does not perform unnecessary surgery and exhausta all possibilities before doing so. He is the best in town performing steroid injections that have kept me away from spine surgery. If you are looking for unnecessary IV and drugs prior to injections go somewhere else. If you are looking for pain meds as another person commenting was, you will not get them here. They are prescribed for those that truly need them. I have been treated for torn ligaments, a broken foot, had shoulder surgery and ankle surgery. Doctor Bentons bedside manner is excellent in office and in hospital. He is well known in the US, and I would recommended him.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

this is one Dr. i wouldn't send my enemy to. he has no compassion for his patients and no matter how badly you are in pain he just won't prescribe any meds. he's way too quick to recomend surgery and he's one needle happy physcian.20 minutes in his office and he had me on his procedure table injecting me.nothing to aleviate the pain of his injections just a quick stab and no regards for his patients benefit. i left his office in worst shape than i have ever been. if you need pain relief forget about him. he's only interested in the high $ treatments. his bedside manner is equiveliant to the guy that pulls the switch at an execution. i rate him as one lousy dr.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2012

Always seems so concerned with his patient. Very pleasant and explains in detail procedures he will be performing. Dr. Benton does not prescribe meds that are not needed. He is a wonderful surgeon! I am completely pain free from fracture in T7. Helpful staff!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

I found Dr. Benton to be a very smart, wonderful doctor in several areas of medicine and willing to share his knowledge....getting technical if you wish..... or in a simple understandable way, too. He very quickly diagnosed me correctly where others did not..... and also put me at ease with his great sense of humor. A laugh never hurt anyone when you're worried.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

Dr Benton has treated me and my husband. I had a recent accident resulting in a fracture to L1 and called his office. He worked me into his schedule and spent 2 hours reviewing my x rays and treating my pain. He is a Great doctor and very concerned with your quality of life.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2010

Dr.Benton can do it all! He has treated my back, spine, done knee surgery, shoulder surgery and I am pain free, no drugs and it is all thanks to him!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

I was involved in a motorcycle accident in my mid-50's and presented at the ER, via Life Flight, with a crushed pelvis and other injuries. Dr. Benton is my hero, as I walk today because of him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Philip C Benton's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

MAMSI