Ratings for Dr. Karl Lanocha

I am going to be careful to write only about my experience, my opinion, and post the info. I received from 3rd parties, so as not to be sued for defamation. I'm a disabled combat veteran on disability so I have nothing monetarily to sue for, but I don't need the added stress, seeing how I saw these people in an effort to help me with my stress, depression, PTSD anxiety, and with Dr. Lanocha at the helm, ended up making my condition worse. My first session with Karl Lanocha should have given me enough warning to run out of that office and never return again, but I was desperately seeking help for my "drug-resistant" depression/anxiety. Karl knew of my combat experience and potential PTSD. Now why this is important, is because for you who are reading this, and do not know much about how "Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation" works; if you've ever had a MRI "Magnetic Resonance Imaging" session you might get a clearer picture. In a MRI, you're placed in a large tube where magnetic pulses that are very loud, and so powerful they seem to rattle your body/head as they take slice-images of the area they are scanning. Now image that same pulse intensity concentrated to a focal point the size of a dime on one particular point on your head! What made this experience even more traumatic for me was the fact that they fire off these pulses in multiple burst, just like a M16 or M60 machine gun. Yea, talk about flash-backs! After my first session, my whole body was shaking, white as a sheet, sweating buckets even though the room's AC had it freezing inside, and crying uncontrollably. So, do you think this "doctor" with all these pseudo-impressive accolades such as neuropsychiatrist, psychotherapist... would have been able to see, address, support, guide me through what was clearly a emotional & physical shock episode? No, not even close. He was as cold as the room, non-responsive to my trauma. Simply confirmed that the rapid/intense magnetic pulses probably reminded me of a machine gun, and WALKED OUT! Said he had to do some paperwork. What?! Doing paperwork was more important than your patient?! The paperwork must have had to do with billing the VA for that session! It was clear to me from the few weekly visits I had with Karl that he was more interested in the money, than the person in front of him. I expressed this concern and he told me he's paid salary, but I wouldn't be surprised if he receives "stock-options" as part of his contract. I did some research, and got the same impression from reading the multitude of negative review posts from his prior patients, here in California, and back in the east-coast. As one prior patient succinctly put it, "Karl Lanocha only cares about Karl Lanocha". My impression is that he is an arrogant, condescending prick! Now, on to billing....! I started treatments in mid. Sept. 2016, and hung in there through the pain due to again, desperation to a "solution" to my condition. I even dispensed with the facts I found about TMS that was contrary to the lies Karl fed me about TMS treatment results, procedures, statics.... because, after all, HE WAS THE TMS GURU! The session cost varied and was between $475 to a whooping $627 per treatment. TMS Health Solutions soaked the VA for almost $14,000 in total! To add insult to injury, as we approached the end of my authorized sessions, Karl told me, more than likely if I hadn't responded to treatments by now, I wasn't going to. There was a slight possibility that weeks or even months after these treatments my brain may "kick-in" and start responding, but rare. Even though he told me if I hadn't responded by now, the odds were, I wasn't going to, he tried to talk me into submitting for a authorization for extended treatments. I said, no, thanked him, and left. A few weeks after that last visit, I received a call from one of the staff members wanting to make an TMS appointment. "You've been approved for extended treatments". I told them, my conversation with Dr. Lanocha, and that I wasn't going to continue treatments. That I thought was the end of it, but it wasn't. The request was on behalf of TMS Health Solutions (according to the records on file from TriWest, the billing company). Fast forward to Jan. 2017. I received a letter from TriWest stating yet another request for additional treatments was submitted. When I called to inquire, they told me to was submitted by Dr. Karl Lanocha DIRECTLY. Not TMS Health Solutions! Dr. Karl Lancha, or TMS Health Solutions staff, if you're reading this, you may want to fire up the paper shredder because I'm filing a complaint with my states District Attorney, I'm also going to file a complaint with the Attorney General seeing how you in my opinion, attempted to fraud the VA which is a Federal branch of the Government.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Thankfully his office is closed, but I hear he's still up to the same tricks in another state

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

The rating above was obviously completed by Lanocha. He is the most dishonest, unprofessional, narcissistic, dark human being on the planet. Beware! He required a major credit card (because he claimed most appts are "no shows" and he charges them) HE was the no show at MY appt. He had moved without notice. He tried to helped himself to a $300.00 unauthorized charge, thankfully my bank refunded the money.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Lanocha was the best Dr. I have had for treating my opioid dependence I have had several and am looking for a new one due to his moving to California. I have had my share of condescending doctors who won't take the time to get down off their high horse but he Is NOT one of them. He listens, he takes good notes so he is not always asking the same questions over and over. His staff (I think it's his daughter) is always pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Lanocha, he is professional and sincerely wants to help you get better. Most of the doctors I have seen could care less about you and once they get your initial payment they look for anyway to kick you out to make room for another "initial payment."

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Dr. Karl Lanocha's Credentials

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Portsmouth, NH