Ratings for Dr. Robert Wolanski

You need very very very deep pockets and resources to pay for your treatment here. Rude staff. All sorts of extra services are upsold to you without valid reason. Never ever on time. He spends maybe three minutes with you, then a tech comes in to finish the job and you are charged as if he was there the entire time. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

My experience with the staff and Dr Wolanski at the Lakeside Dental Clinic in Nanaimo was outstanding in every way! I had a root canal completed with a crown added to the tooth. From the time I arrived on location I was greeted with a friendly smile from the staff and easily walked thru the paperwork and my options. Once in the dental chair I was very quickly put at ease with the dentist assitant( her name escape me). From start to finish the only thing I felt was the assistant applying the numbness gel on my gums. I did not feel any pain from start to finish. I was very happy with the explanation and the the progress as they were performing the procedure. Again this I my experience at the Lakeside Dental Clinic and I would not hesitate in having additional dental work performed on me by Dr Wolanski. For me it was a very positive experience and my first root canal!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

My husband and I went to see this dentist on a whim, but will be seeking a better option because he's abrasive, rude and reminiscent of a used car salesman in his approach. Because we have a platinum insurance package, the clinic tried to upsell us on the most expensive options rather than asking us what we actually want. The worst example of this was when addressing my TMJ issues, his first suggestion for treatment was botox in my jaw muscles. Botox for this application is still in experimental stages and because of potential side effects, is only considered as a last resort. He didn't look into any other methods and just went with the easiest and most lucrative option he could think of. To add insult to injury, we got a plethora of unnecessary x-rays and the hygienist who scaled my husband's teeth was quite rough. We don't recommend this dentist to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I will never go to this clinic again .very poor customer service and over charge on your bill . I had dental work done and asked what I owe and paid it in full , one month later they send me a bill asking for more money . Don't trust this dental office.

Submitted August 15, 2015

Worst dental experience of my life. This dentist is more concerned with the money in your pocket than the teeth In your mouth. Was pushed into prep for an implant. There were other options but the most expensive procedure was sold to me. I experienced eight solid weeks of incredible pain and bleeding. During this time he went on holidays and I was left with the option of seeing the local dental surgeon who would not touch the area due to damage in close proximity to a major nerve which could have impared my speech for the rest of my life. Even after four months I still suffer. Do not be fooled into thinking this dentist actually cares for his patients or has the knowledge to do a good job. This practice is entirely income driven.

Submitted June 2, 2015

Would not recommend this dentist or office. Very expensive and a cold office!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Submitted September 11, 2014

I've been to other dentists that when they do a filling, my bite seems a little off. When Dr. Wolanski did my crown recently, he did such a good job, that it feels like the same tooth i've always had. I highly recomend him.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr.Wolanksi is the best! He took time to explain my treatment and answered all my questions,-and the CDA's were very knowledgeable and friendly as well! I found all the staff to be really friendly though, and everyone seemed eager to help me. I used to hate needles but dr.wolanski is soooo good at freezing it was over before I even knew it started!!! :) I would recommend him to all my friends and anyone who is at all nervous! Dr.Wolanksi will make you feel totally at ease :) I also want to mention that his office was very high tech and looked very new and up to date, it was very nice! Overall im very impressed with dr.wolanski and the service I received from the staff! :)

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Upsold me services that I could not afford, left on vacation, left me in pain, poor customer service, more worried about upselling than helping with my problem. Ended up in emergency in the middle of the night. The dentist that was his replacement could not even remove my tooth. Dentist left me in pain for the whole time he was on vacation and not telling me he was going away. Worst experience that I have had!

Submitted July 8, 2014