Ratings for Dr. Perry H. Zand

Dr. Zand has helped me through numerous obstacles in my life. I initially met with Dr. Zand shortly after my divorce. I was seriously troubled at the time and upon my first visit he helped me realize that it was not the end of the world for me. Over the past few years I have required Doctor Zand's help with 2 deaths of family members, loss of a job, loss of my home, and finally, more recently, the loss of my mother and sister. I appreciate the fact that the doctor has always had the ability to replenish my positive outlook in life. My life was dramatically changed over the past few years, for the better, with the help of Doctor Zand. I would not have gotten through the events successfully without Doctor Zand's compassion for my situation, his kindness and his expert knowledge of the mind. I have always left his office with "hope" that I would survive and live a prosperous life in spite of the many unpleasant events that occurred.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

His staff consists of his wife who is not rude, but not always helpful. That said, it is easy to get in contact with her. Actually, do not expect to speak with Dr. Zand outside of scheduled appointments and on the rare occasion you do it will be late in the evening. Outside of my appointment time, he generally seemed uninterested in speaking with me or providing assistance. He seems knowledgable about prescribing medications, but as far as psychotherapy used just one approach regardless of my stating it was not helping. I usually found our sessions unhelpful. As someone else mentioned: during scheduled sessions, he would sometimes take phone calls, eat his lunch, and discuss personal views which are unrelated to one's mental health illness. While I found him to be personable, I would not recommend him as I did not find him to be a good doctor ... at least, not for me.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Let me begin by saying that Dr Zand's staff, is led by his wife. She is an extremely courteous, professional person to talk to, she is "easy to reach" (no press 2 or 3 for this and that just to talk to another recording), she is more than willing to "spend time to listen to patients" (does not say please hold and put you on hold for 20 minutes)and above all organized. Dr Zand himself is an experienced doctor that shines through the first time you meet the man. He also is an excellent listener and cares about each and every patient to have any issues resolved. Above all else he is "timely" because he does not overbook, for the sake of another check. When you make an appointment with Dr Zand you will see him on time without 2 hour waits. Again easy to reach, spends time to listen and timely. If that is not a top rating, I dont know what is.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

I am being treated by Dr. Zand for just over 1 year. After reading some of the reviews on this website, I felt it was my responsibility to give my honest opinion. From my first contact with this office in August 2010, they have been nothing but professional & accommodating. Dr. Zand has helped me in more ways than I can explain on this site. I went through a period of time where I was lost & feeling very confused. Dr Zand took his time to listen & ask questions that were pertinent to my issues and subsequently was able to diagnose my issue. He talked to me about different treatment solutions & ultimately we found the perfect remedy for me. I am truly thankful to Dr Zand for helping me find myself again. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is seeking Psychiatric help.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2011

My experience with this office got as far as making an appointment. The woman who took my call was rude, insulting and asked more questions than were needed(she is not the physician!) in order to set up a consultation. I could not bear to have any dealings with this woman on a routine basis. You can always tell what type of management through the staff they have. Anyone who would have this person for a member of their staff is just like her or worse. Seek help elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr. Zand identified and sucessfully treated my condition. I like that he talks about whatever, it puts people at ease. I recommend him for those who want no-bull successful treatment. He will see me on short notice even if it cuts into his lunch time.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

What I disliked about Dr. Zand is the unprofessional manner in which he & his "office" (aka his wife) conduct themselves. Dr. Perry Zand shared his religious (Orthodox Jewish) & political (Republican) views with me on more than one occasion. I felt very uncomfortable with what he would discuss with me during our sessions. Occasionally, he would eat lunch during our sessions (always peanut butter & grape jelly on white bread). On more than one occasion, he took phone calls during our session. I felt that his behavior was very unprofessional & eventually led me to discontinue treatment with Dr. Zand. I did not ask for, nor did I want his opinions or views on anything besides my depression & OCD. One thing I can tell you about is that Dr. Perry Zand hates President Obama. He thinks Obama hates Jews & Israel & he'll tell you all about his conspiracy theories if you're sick enough to sit through it... which I was. Luckily, not anymore. I highly recommend going elsewhere for help.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

Claims he doesn't accept insurance yet all of these sites say he does. Haggled me for my money demanding more visits before refilling my medications.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

Dr. Perry H. Zand's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)

Top Hospitals in Cherry Hill, NJ