Ratings for Dr. Bryan W. Fennelly

Dr. Fennelly is a very knowledgeable doctor. Totally recommend.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

He saved my life. I can't say it more simple. It took a long time before I opened up so he could really do his job, but once I did everything changed. He worked with me on meds and honestly took my feedback seriously. Even when I was happy with my progress he showed me even more potential I had to be the best version of myself. He is warm but very direct. My previous Doctor only said what I wanted to hear to keep me coming back with no results. Dr. Fennelly is in no way trying to win a popularity award so for people looking to complain but not do the work to change, find another doctor. Down side: He doesn't take insurance of any kind. His premium prices seemed high but he is a top doctor in the NYC - NY/NJ/CT area that gets results so I'm happy to pay. With his direct demeanor and high price tag and I can see why he has some bad reviews but for those of us that can afford him and also enjoy his no nonsense style, he is a miracle worker.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Fennelly is an amazing psychiatrist! Definitely recommend!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

My initial interactions with Dr. Fennelly were not good. I found him to be somewhat out-of-touch as it related to my son. Over time, he really spent time trying to accurately assess the situation which most others wouldn't have done. It has been several months since we've seen Dr. Fennelly and I'm now thankful that he was so deliberative/conservative.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I recently moved out of state so I will no longer be seeing Dr. Fennelly. At my last appointment I thanked him for his care, which has helped me a great deal. Initially, he correctly identified the problem (something several other psychiatrists had failed to do) and started me on medication that really helped. As necessary he tinkered with dosing to optimize its effectiveness. I'm grateful for the care and wish him well.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

Dr. Fennelly is not everyone's cup of tea. I would say connects better with boys. He is definitely not a psychologist and would complement psychological counseling that requires medication to be effective. Personally, he has helped my son and you will see how he deeply cares about his patients and will work with you, that is after you get to know him .

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Terrible experience made my wife and I feel uncomfortable with inappropriate comments and jokes. Met our daughter for 20 minutes and told us that she needed to be medicated. The school who recommended the psychiatric evaluation should be ashamed.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

We have been happy with Dr Fennelly. My son was accurately diagnosed and seems to enjoy talking to him.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I wish I would have seen this review site before bringing my child to dr fennely. I agree with the parents here that he talks and doesn't listen, because he is unable to connect or relate to the patient. He does not get any responses from patients, because he just talks and talks about other patients and absorbs little from the patient in front of him. Because of this inability to connect and draw information out, he assumes and therefore makes inaccurate and poorly thought out reactive recommendations. If all of us went to dr fennelly for an evaluation , we'd all be unfairly diagnosed with emotional disorders, because we had no tolerance to listening to him talk nonsense about other patients or random people rather than going deeper to learn about us! The only positive is that the wait is not long and it's easy to get an appt. Huhm?....I wonder why?

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

This is the worst doctor I have ever had contact with. Talks way to much without taking the time to listen. He is everything wrong with modern day medicine we have in this country. A pure pill pusher with little understanding or care for the damage he is doing. Do not see this man if your child is having any issues.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Dr. Bryan W. Fennelly's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Florham Park, NJ