Ratings for Dr. Howard S. Rudominer

I came to New York just 6 years ago from a small European country. When I arrived I had zero expectation of marriage, entering therapy or even staying in the US. Where I’m from the very concept of going to a psychiatrist to discuss problems goes against our traditions. I met Dr R through my boyfriend and subsequent husband. My boyfriend and I knew we had many differences culturally, religiously as well as a 17-year age gap. After seeing Dr R the first time, hearing his perspective and humor, a comfort set in and a new path. Dr does indeed bring his own flavor of tough love and makes his opinions known, he confronts your denials and gives you the chance to explore alternative perspectives. There are many sessions that we have initially disagreed, sometimes it simply gave me an opportunity to express myself better or differently others it gave me the chance to gain further insight. My husband and I have been seeing Dr R for couple counseling for 4 years and I am now preparing to start individual therapy as well. The differences in my married life are pretty close to miraculous, this is not to say perfect however to clearly state a mutual openness in both communication and thought. I am truly appreciative or Dr Rudominer’s efforts and know that without him I would not had the courage to be who I am today.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Rudominer off and on since 78’ and he has truly been involved in every major facet of my life. He has been my doctor, Guru and teacher. While 39 years may seem a very long time, I am not a typical person nor have I lived an average life. Dr R has been with me from adolescence…starting my own company at 18…first marriage…my son…my volunteer work during 9/11 and the resulting cancer 5 years later…my divorce…my quest for true love and my current marriage. I am now in a amazing and loving marriage about to celebrate our third wedding anniversary, have a great son, 3 patents and successfully run my own company since 1983. The above work was accomplished with mutual dedication. For those individuals willing to “do the work”, truly digging introspectively, Dr. R is your man. For those seeking the easier path of pixie-dust and ego stroking, I have 2 options: First and far less costly go to CVS and pickup a $2,00 pocket mirror: Second go see my former therapist who served coffee and cake during session. Dr. R does indeed express his opinions and from my perspective thankfully so. I (and my wife) am truly thankful to this man for being a part of my life and to putting his full energy into his profession.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Dr. Rudominer has worked tirelessly and effortlessly to understand the root of my problems. He is attentive, caring, understanding, and most of all he is compassionate. Dr. Rudominer does not see me as an ill individual but as an individual with an illness that can be cured. Through tough love, hard work and dedication, Dr. Rudominer is continuously helping me to become a better person. I highly recommend his services. He truly is one of a kind doctor and the best of the best.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr. Rudominer took me on as a very special case; he suggested I should go in-patient but after a few visits, he decided to give me a chance. I have been following his advise and we meet every 2 weeks. I can't thank him enough for trusting me and basically saving my life. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Rudominer for anyone who needs the best professional care. Geoffrey Handel.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

Excellent Psychiatrist and up to date on psycopharmachology. Saved my life from narcotic dependancy along with his team. Thanks to him I am alive and thriving

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Dr. Howard S. Rudominer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a board certified child, adolescent and adult psychiatrist with 43 years of experience, Dr. Rudominer has extensive experience treating patients with a wide range of psychiatric disorders. He has been listed as one of the best psychiatrists in the USA and Canada specializing in the treatment of people with Mood Disorders on a leading depression website. Dr. Rudominer has been honored with both the Patients' Choice Award and Most Compassionate Doctor's Award for 2012 and 2013. Among the nation's 870,000 active physicians and dentists, just five percent qualify for the award, based on patient feedback. Doctors are rated on-line by patients on various components of care, including accuracy of diagnoses, the amount of time spent with the doctor, and the doctor's bedside manner and follow-up care. Dr. Rudominer has also been awarded the New York University School of Medicine 2012-2013 Faculty Service Achievement Award. Since 1988 he has devoted himself in various essential capacities to the cause of higher education as represented by the diverse programs of the School.

• English

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1969)

• One of the Best Psychiatrists in the USA and Canada specializing in the treatment of people with Mood Disorders on a leading depression website, Most Compassionate Doctor's Award for 2012 and 2013, New York University School of Medicine 2012-2013 Faculty

• Rudominer, H.S. [1978], Summary of "The Analyst and Transience" by Norman Atkins, M.D. At a meeting of the Psychoanalytic Association of New York: February 28, 1977. The Psychoanalytic Quarterly, XLVII, P. 656 Rudominer, H.S. [1986], Peer Review, Third Pa
  • [2002] Consummated Mother-Son Incest in Latency: A Case Report of an Adult Analysis Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association, Volume 50, number 3, pgs. 911-935
  • Analysis of an Adult Male Bulimic" in "Psychodynamic Technique in the Treatment of the Eating Disorders, edited by C. Philip Wilson, M.D., Charles C. Hogan, M.D., and Ira L. Mintz, M.D. Jason Aaronson Press, 1992, pgs. 195-209

Top Urgent Care Centers in Livingston, NJ