Ratings for Dr. Edward A. Latimer

He was very compassionate, and very attentive. I would recommend him to my family and friends. He also made New Jersey Top Docs 11 years in a row.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

If I could rate higher, I would. The level of caring matched only by his knowledge. I trusted him completely 2 years ago with a change in diagnosis and medication, and my life has been all the better for it. For instance, I caused a Lithium build up in my system, causing toxicity. Brought on by lack of sleep, excessive caffeine and stimulants, and dehydration. It was 100% my fault. Dr. Latimer took the blame upon himself, and I could feel his unwarranted guilt. He took an emergency appointment on a moment's notice and gave me his personal cell phone number- asking that i text him over the following 72 hours to keep him updated on how i was doing. Appointment scheduling is easy, staff is wonderful (including his wife). Billing is simple (OON-but they submit). Wait time is negligible. Latimer is the most knowledgeable physicians I have ever come across - psychiatric and otherwise. That comes from someone who studies healthcare administration and works in medical litigation. Dr. Latimer is a one-of-a-kind doctor, if you are suffering (currently treated or not) from a psychiatric disease, Latimer can change your life with his manner, expertise, and quite simply the way he runs his practice. I would change nothing about my experience with him.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

A wonderful psychiatrist! I left the office with a great impression after my first visit. He is very professional, knowledgeable and kind. He is SO caring for his patients. He made everything possible to help and make me leave happy! Great service and professionalism from his assistant as well.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

My name is Jen and I went to Dr. Latimer in 2007. After going to countless professionals that I never made progress with, was a complete mess with serious addiction issues. He helped me piece my life together over a 5 year period. He was always available even when he didn't have hours. Adjusted his schedule for me when I needed to speak to him. He was tough on me in a good way, & made me do the work necessary to stop making excuses and take control of my life. I'm in a great place in life & part of that is because he never gave up on trying to help me. He is direct, extremely knowledgable about meds, & takes time to talk to you, which most psychiatrists don't. Although I haven't been a patient of his since 2012, I recommend him to everyone I know who needs help. He is a lifesaver.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

I cried more after seeing Dr. Latimer than before seeing him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

Great Psychiatrist! Very understanding, especially of young people. He pushes you, gives you goals, and really cares about his patients. He is extremely honest, and really wants whats best for his clients. I'm 23 and have had numerous therapists, and psychiatrists that turned me off because I always felt that I had to hide things from them, and felt judged. Dr. Latimer is the opposite. I feel comfortable talking to him about everything, and he is always coming up with better ways of improving myself.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Prescription happy. Has poor listening skills, just medicates.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr. Edward A. Latimer's Credentials

• Umdnj New Jersey School Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Montclair, NJ