Ratings for Dr. Kate Brouwer

Both Kate and her sister are fantastic and genuinely enjoy what they do. The front desk staff are great and do put up with a lot of cranky people! I would never go anywhere else!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr. Brouwer is amazing. But that receptionist (Lisa??) is such a rude, mean woman. When you call she is snappy and rude. I wonder sometimes how Dr. Brouwer and Dr. Moore don't hear this woman and how she talks to people. A terrible representation of at otherwise great office. They need to replace her asap! If you're reading this doctors, please just take some time to listen to the way this woman communicates with us patients. We are made to feel like we are inconveniencing her day, when in reality, without us, she wouldn't have a job!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Great dentist who does great dental work. I highly recommend her! She is very knowledgeable and puts me at ease in her chair.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

I have been a patient to Dr Brouwer since 1998 and it is the best decision I have ever made regarding Dentistry. Dr. Brouwer is a very kind and considered person with a friendly and professional attitude, I used to fear dentists but , when I have an appointment with her I am ok, I know she is going to do a great job and explain to me what the procedure requires all I am saying is Dr. Brouwer is the best dentist there is ( to me) I refer my friends to her (when the subject is appropriate. If you are looking for a practice that will take care of your dental needs this is it. Staff at her practice are friendly helpful and efficient and lets make it clear, I am NOT related to them by family or business, I just like them!. reneballesteros9@gmail.com

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr. Kate Brouwer was recommended to us since we were new to Halifax and didn't know who to go to for dental work. I have seen Dr. Brouwer twice and was very impressed. She took the time to read some articles I was concerned about and discussed them with me. She put me at ease and I actually felt relaxed in the chair. It was a good experience and would also recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I have used Mumford Family Dental specifically Dr. Kate Brouwer for over 5 years and she has been fantastic. In fact the whole team is great. I recommend them often to friends and family.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

As the parent to a younger patient, I never actually got to meet Dr. Brouwer, as she doesn't stay evenings to see her patients that can only come in during evening hours, so I cannot comment on her as a dentist. Her hygienists are wonderful, though, as well as the dentists that do work evenings. The administrative staff at Mumford Family Dental, however, are quite sub-par. They continually had problems submitting claims to my insurance provider and instead of contacting me immediately to rectify the situation, they let the account stagnate and preferred to cancel appointments as a means of informing me of the problem. They have also repeatedly sent correspondence with the wrong name attached, causing more delays, and once gave me another patient's statement, which is a huge violation of privacy. I recently changed dentists for my child due to this issue. The claim they submitted was again difficult to process, but they figured it out and called me to tell me it was fine.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Wonderful people at that office!!! very accommodating and professional, yet friendly

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Dr. Kate and her sister are second to none when it comes to dentistry. I have lived in 3 states and 2 provinces and have never experienced the exceptional treatment that I do when I walk into that office. I never liked going to the dentist until I started going to Dr. Kate and now a dentist appointment is a pleasure. I call it pain free dentistry. I would highly recommend Dr. Kate and her sister in fact I don't know why anyone would go anywhere else. If you desire a super professional, very knowledgeable and yet down to earth dentist than look no more. Can hardly wait for my next appointment.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

I found Dr. Brouwer to be very friendly but unfortunately I had to make several return visits because things were forgotten on my previous visits. This left me unable to chew on one side of my mouth for a month and a half, as opposed to the original 2 week timeframe. Lovely person, would be great for kids but I would hesitate to recommend to family/friends for anything other than very general check-ups or small fillings.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012