Ratings for Dr. David J. Gallina

This dr. Only cares about what the insurance carrier is paying him to write . He spent 5 minutes in with me and his nurse 15 minutes. When I asked why his nurse was in there she said that it was normal and this is how they do it there. This is not normal and I am making an official complaint with Nj practioniors board.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I saw Dr. Gallina for over 10 years. He literally saved my life. He was more than caring and committed to my overall health and well being. I can truly say that I would not only not be alive today but I wouldn't have the life that I have. He saw me through so many difficult situations and he never let me down. He was always there when I needed him and gave me a reason for being. I don't understand the comments about him that I have just read. He is an amazing doctor and human being AND I can say without reservations that anyone would be lucky to be treated by this gifted man. I am and will always be grateful for all he did for me and my daughter. lynn

Submitted July 8, 2013

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

i Was told I had to see Dr. Gallina by insurance carrier. I saw Dr. David Gallina twice and his wife Nancy once. This doctor made me worse. He didn't care about the patient only what the insurance carrier wanted his findings to read against me in court. Dr. Gallina should have a sign over his door that reads "Warning Hazzardous to your health".

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

Most of the time is spent speaking with Kathy, his nurse. She is sweet, but I don't think she should be making Rx reccomendations. When Gallina finally comes in, she relays the information you just told her (which feels weird because she's speaking on your behalf right in front of you. AND in a condescending tone, like "well we've been feeling a little sleepy lately. Maybe it's time to up her dosage.") Then without speaking to you, he writes her reccommended Rx and hands it to you. They always have a ton of samples, which makes me think the othe posters are right about him being a pusher for the insurance companies. He gave me an antipsychotic medication, which I did not need, and failed to relay the severity of the drug. I gained 60 pounds and now can't remember a good 6 months of my life. He completely mishandled my case and should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

I saw Dr. Gallina for about 30 seconds. That is not an exaggeration. I spent the majority of my visit with his nurse. She is terrific as long as you don't question her authority and you tell her what she wants to hear. She pretends to care about patients. She spoke to me like I was a child and was very condescending. People need to realize that your family and close friends look out for your best interests, not so called healthcare professionals. Nurses will always obey doctors, hospitals and insurance companies no matter how much they pretend to care about you. Dr. Gallina doesn't give straight answers to simple questions. And he does not spend nearly enough time with his patients. But I guess he can earn more by letting his nurse run his practice. And she gets to pretend that she is the doctor. Their office manager sent my paperwork to the wrong address. I wouldn't recommend these people to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

Saw him for several years. Actually it was his nurse that I saw (who was sweet) He would just pop in from time to time for 5 min. Someone else said he is pompous and arrogant. That is so true. He told me to CONTINUE TAKING PAXIL EVEN THOUGH I WAS PREGNANT. MY CHILD WAS BORN WITH A VERY SERIOUS HEART DEFECT DUE TO THE PAXIL. My son required open heart surgery in NYC. I will never forgive Dr Gallina,

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

This "doctor" has no knowledge of the side effects that the pills he pushes has. I wound up in the hospital due to his lack of knowledge, yet the drug company's website itself warned of certain side effects. Gallina said that there was no way the drug I took could cause the problem I encountered by missing a dose, nor were there any serious withdrawal effects (there were). His assistant is a judgemental happy face who takes down information and then recommends the drug of the day which Gallina says OK to during his 30 second visit to your session. He is little more than an insurance collecting pill pusher.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

DO NOT SEEEEEEE this doc if your adversary lawyer refers you!!!!!!! Under legal opposition. He will write whatever he is paid to, My report was filled with lies and after wards I winded up in hospital from being soooo upset at his office .... yet he commented in report that I was very calm and unemotional! All cut and paste from my personal doc - than modified. Many repeats of his cut and pastes with modifications. He is additionally a very bad writer and just can't write. There should be disciplinary actions against him. He is used by many lawyers because he does what he is paid to.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Dr. D. Gallina is very unprofessional, arrogant and pompous. He did not show any concern for my welfare and bated every question. He is negligent in getting reports done in time and they are not accurate or truthful. He generally is an insurance hack and works for NJ school boards. I would never send anyone to him for any reason. His receptionist discussed with me personal information about another patient whom I did not know. He will write whatever the paying party wants him to write. It's disgusting!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Dr. David J. Gallina's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1967)

Oxford