Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Bralliar

My daughter needed to see a psychiatrist to start the process in the right direction towards healing and recovering from depressive state. He is listed as a provider with our insurance and we were able to make an appt right a way. Lucille is very nice, very helpful and courteous... unfortunately that is where it ends. We were early as we were told to be prompt because our appointment time was set and not to be late. It is inside of a bookkeeping office, a little awkward to say the least. We finished paperwork and proceeded to wait for almost 30 minutes although she was the first patient of the day. My daughter was very unsure of the visit and had asked me to attend with her, and that i go in the office with her. I waited in their waiting room but she insisted that I came back there. First let me say, he immediately said I have a standing office because I cannot sit for long. Fair enough, I get it. But his standing office was cardboard boxes stacked on a cheap fold out table, in a very disorganized office, all the while he is wearing socks with man-sandals, hole in the crotch of his pants and looking like he just rolled out of bed. He asked a few questions and she started to relax a little, telling him what has been ailing her. He seemed as if he was uninterested in gaining more knowledge, had nothing to offer as far as suggestions on how to manage stress or deal with her depression. She has been on some medications but really does not want to be in a vegetative functioning state. He really seems like he does not care to be doing his job. If I did not go in there with her, I wouldnt have completely believed it myself. She left feeling like she is further behind the 8 ball and a waste of her dad and I money to pay for the ridiculous 150 visit. He should take notes from Lucille on how to be sympathetic to patients feelings and needs. I will not be taking her back and only wished that I had read the reviews beforehand, rather than after the fact, but one good thing is I can write a review in hopes that someone will read before making the mistake to go to this guy. TERRIBLE DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

First of all the location of his office is very bizzare. He is located inside of a tax office with a little cubby in the back. There is not waiting room, so basically you have to sit in the tax office and wait for him to come out and get you, so there is no privacy here, everyone in the tax office will know your seeing a Psychiatrist.The entire time he was typing on the comp instead of giving me eye contact and addressing my concerns. I came to him in a crisis. I felt worse when I left his office. he made me feel like a drug addictive asking for anxiety meds to help ease my anxiety. Instead he told me I need to work with my therapist more, and not take anxiety meds. This is after I paid my co pay, so basically I left his office with hurt feelings and no prescription for my disorder. What kind of Psychiatrist doesn't prescribe his patients meds!Don't support his salary, he doesn't deserve to have an open practice the way he trwtas his patients.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

Dr. Richard J. Bralliar's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1985)

Healthnet