Ratings for Dr. Joshua Garren

Truly a rare "breed" amongst doctors! Methodical, compassionate, knowledgeable and thorough in trying to determine the root cause of my issue! He is an exceptional doctor, very analytical. I highly recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Dr. Garren is a prince among doctors. I sought him out, based on his reputation for innovation. He has developed methods for a) Preventing radiation blistering b) reducing likelihood of heart damage following left breast radiation and c) actually preventing hair loss in head radiation. Beyond those considerable contributions to patient care and safety, Dr. Garren is clear and compassionate. The Lahey Clinic is lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr. Garren is unique in the world of medicine in my experience. He spends as much time with me as I need. (This sometimes means that you have to wait a bit, but it is more than worth it). He remembers the name of my cat. Dr. Garren took charge of my very complicated course of treatment and made sense of it for me. But none of this is what makes him unique. One day, he heard that I was having difficulty swallowing and my wife toldthat I did not have the energy to come in to see him. The next thing I knew, there was a ring at the door. The man makes house calls! I thought that sort of thing went out of fashion with the steam engine. I don't know how he manages. So far, so good. By the way, the Lahey Clinic is a extraordinarily professional and patient-oriented hospital.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2007

My whole family was a mess when we met Dr. Garren. He put us at ease and restored our confidence in the system. (And he cured me! :) )

flag | Submitted March 7, 2007

Dr. Joshua Garren's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Harvard-Pilgrim