Ratings for Dr. Maurice Blackman

First he said Wcb signs my cheques. So Wcb AB will get the report they want. Do not trust this man very incompetent all he talked about was his past.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

this doctor doesn't talk, he mumbles .... as for the explanations when asking a question, you better get them the first time, because they won't come back ! his strategy seems mostly based on trials & errors, without any real analysis of the results ...

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

honestly the worst! can't understand a thing he says, never talked about me but always mentioned something about me being chinese (i'm not even chinese, but every time i went back to him, he would tell me something about the chinese culture and asked why i needed medication for my anxiety) the medication he prescribed NEVER worked but made me more tired than ever. honestly a horrible doctor, if you get an appointment with him, don't bother wasting your time, please go find a better doctor that can actually help you out because he is not the one you are looking for.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Very interesting that the review that I had left back in 2015 was deleted. He is terrible, does a cut and paste from old reports and rambles on about nothing relating to the appointment. I don't care if he is "brilliant" as some of the reviews state. If you are referred to him re a WCB independent medical refuse it. It is your option to ask for another Dr. I came out of the meeting more F...ed up that I was when I went in. Scary that this mans opinion is heard. Run fast.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

It took me years to recover from this man's "treatment", which included giving me 4 times the recommended dose of zoloft for a minor. I would up having a psychotic break due to the pills. He never listened in my sessions with him, and just increased my pills every time. He always asked if I had a boyfriend yet, despite the fact that I gave him the same answer every time. I was deeply religious at the time, and did not believe in dating. The social worker that ran his group was terrible too. She told me all my problems would be solved if I got drunk and got laid. My depression and general anxiety disorder went untreated for almost a decade due to this man. He scarred me so much I didn't trust the psychological or psychiatric community at all. I'm still angry my parents wasted thousands on his awful treatment. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR! I've never met anyone with anything good to say about him, and I know at least 4 of his other former patients. Whoever is writing the good reviews obviously works for him, the language and syntax is consistent. Pathetic that he does this to avoid the 1 star rating that is so much higher than he deserves. I could go on for hours, and it's been more than 10 years since I saw him. One thing you can say about him, he leaves an impression.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

My son who is 8 years old visited him today for the first time . His staff spoke with ne first, I have read other reviews that this upset people. However it didn't seem any different then at other dr's offices where a nurse or assistant does the assessment . My Son spoke with him first and that is not unusual either. Therapist do the same thing, my son went in spoke to him and then I was clled in and he spoke with me. While yes I found him hard to hear a few times. He was kind and understanding. Explained his thoughts and was friendly while explaining. When my son and I got in the car I talked to him, he didn't feel uncomfortable , explained what they discussed and wasn't bothered at all . I had no issue and nether did my son.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Terrible still suffering from care I received never will forget what he did it was life changing ...Trust no one!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

What a crook!!! Falsifying documents, fraud - shame on you Dr. Blackman

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

This "doctor" is paid handsomely by the Alberta Worker's Compensation Board to safe guard the accident fund. He is not a real doctor as his main goal is to collect fees and not help people. The report he produced on me was full of factual errors. It is like he took no notes at just conjured up a story in his head. Read the reviews and believe them. If you are assigned to see this Completely Fraudulent Quack and disgusting sloth of an excuse for a human through WCB, do yourself a favor and pick up your Appeal forms while you are there. You are going to need them.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

My son was referred to Dr. Blackman. He doesn't seem to want to hear what we as parents have to say at all. Asks a minimum amount of questions, takes very poor notes (did not know what dosage of medication my son was on so he guessed, and got it wrong), and was very rude to my ex-husband and myself when we wanted a few details on what medication he was prescribing and what it was. He told us that unless we had a medical degree, he couldn't tell us. Fortunately the medication he's prescribed is really helping my son. But he leaves a lot to be desired as far as communication and actually trying to understand the issues my son has.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016