Ratings for Dr. Maurice Blackman

Terrible still suffering from care I received never will forget what he did it was life changing ...Trust no one!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

What a crook!!! Falsifying documents, fraud - shame on you Dr. Blackman

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

This "doctor" is paid handsomely by the Alberta Worker's Compensation Board to safe guard the accident fund. He is not a real doctor as his main goal is to collect fees and not help people. The report he produced on me was full of factual errors. It is like he took no notes at just conjured up a story in his head. Read the reviews and believe them. If you are assigned to see this Completely Fraudulent Quack and disgusting sloth of an excuse for a human through WCB, do yourself a favor and pick up your Appeal forms while you are there. You are going to need them.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

My son was referred to Dr. Blackman. He doesn't seem to want to hear what we as parents have to say at all. Asks a minimum amount of questions, takes very poor notes (did not know what dosage of medication my son was on so he guessed, and got it wrong), and was very rude to my ex-husband and myself when we wanted a few details on what medication he was prescribing and what it was. He told us that unless we had a medical degree, he couldn't tell us. Fortunately the medication he's prescribed is really helping my son. But he leaves a lot to be desired as far as communication and actually trying to understand the issues my son has.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

What waste of time. Waited weeks to see him. Sat in his office for an hour. I had to tell his staff our situation then she told him instead of me talking to him directly for some reason. Finally he's ready to see us and he says he has to see my daughter without me. Did you read the paperwork? We are there for separation anxiety. She can't be away from me. Especially since she hasn't met you yet. I said no I need to come in with her. My daughters crying and panicking and we are told its her appointment. She can see him without me or not at all. I said not at all thanks and we left. Thanks for nothing. I wish I'd read these reviews first.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Very Hard to understand Dr Blackman. He made my daughter uneasy. He was uncomfortable to talk to. My daughter was too uncomfortable to open up to him.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

In 1988, a month before my 16th birthday, I was at the end of my rope in life. I couldn't even sort out why...it was just everything!. I came home and took my grampa's gun, changed into clean clothes, lied down on my bed and shot myself. Well...right away I knew that was a bad idea! I owe my life to my Dad for his quick thinking (wrapping me in saran wrap/sucking chest wound) and to a nurse that came to my house...without them...I wouldn't be here for sure. I was airlifted to U of A hospital where I was paid a visit by Dr, Blackman and Dr.Reagan They were yelling at my mom...The only thing I could make out was...I WANT HER! The next day was a Monday...the day before my 16th birthday, a porter showed up to my room with orders that I was moving to a new ward...didn't say where...just moving. So we packed up all my stuff and got in the chair and off we went...4F2...that's where it was when I was there......That's when the real nightmare started! They let my mom come in for about ten minutes, then they kicked her out with all my stuff but a bag of clothes...which they took all of and locked up. They were a privilege and had to be earned...underwear too!I had a gown with no tie and a house coat with no tie,,,that's it. They took away my personal physio equip. and trips to the physio dept in the hosp. (broken shoulder) I was told that their exercises were good enough. (push-ups)They took away my oxygen...because well you got to lose it some time...and they started me on a drug called Nardil...all before lunch. My first encounter with other patients was in a small room, maybe 10x12 with about 18 kids sitting on the floor, ranging in ages from 4 to 15. There were a couple nurses and Dr,Reagan on chairs and it was suppose to be an open forum bitch session where you got to say what you wanted with no consequences. YA RIGHT! They tried to make me tell the group why I was there...I wouldn't speak, so Reagan told them. One boy blurted out...Why didn't you shoot yourself in the head? All I did was shrug. After the group was over, that boy was put in time out for the rest of the day. (Time Out was a 6x6 cement cell with one narrow window looking down into the hospital and a narrow window in the door, hard bare floor) The following morning I quickly started to learn the ropes. Make your bed...army style perfect, your room to be in order and be at your post no more than 5 mins after wake up call or you get punished. If you're late you have to do what they choose...kneel...sit on your hands...kneel on your hands at your post facing the wall. For as long as they want you there, while the rest go to breakfast. Sometimes they'd keep you there so long you wouldn't get fed. I eventually found out the 4 year old was in there for wetting the bed. To this day I believe his parents needed to be Bitch Slapped. No one would listen to me when I told them that I was sick....after almost every meal i would throw up...when I was done I was put in time out. In the time I was there, I went from a 40-42 to a 28 inch waist. We had to attend school certain days of the week...so they would line us up like a chain gang and march us out of the ward to a room in the center of the hospital where we would all be taught by the same person. Had my period in class one day...that embarrassing moment all girls dread...ya...no tampon or pad or underwear or pants! Short gown no tie and short house coat no tie! Then I had to parade that back to the ward in the line-up of kids! FINALLY...I was allowed to have underwear again! It was like being in a prison with him... drugs and ECT. Punished for feeling and at the same time punished for not sharing your feelings. The sneers and laughter of the adults as you're being hit...being dragged and kicked, humiliated and shamed in front of those who are suppose to be helping you as they belittle you and strip you down leaves a deeper wound than what you were there for in the first place. Dr. Blackman was given all the papers from my bedroom by the police. If he read any of it he had already made up his assumptions about me before we even met...and because of his approach, tactics, and complete lack of people skills, He should not be aloud to practice Psychiatry. The day my mom finally rescued me from his clutches he wouldn't even come and sign the papers. After waiting 3 1/2hrs Reagan finally showed up to release me. He only filled out paperwork for a temporary leave so my parents could bring me back on Monday because for sure I was gonna screw up. My mom looked at him and said THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL I'D BRING HER BACK HERE!! The last thing he gave me was a list of the foods I couldn't eat because of the meds I was on...I stood there and read it...and said ARE YOU F#@*%NG KIDDING ME!! They were keeping me sick! Dr. Blackman is an evil twisted man and his citizenship should be revoked!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I am 40 years old now and will never forget the "care" that I received. I was under Dr Blackman's care when I was 13 years old. My father left when I was a baby and my mother passed away when I was 12. I was bounced around in the system through group homes and foster care and ended up in CASE house in the Yellowhead Youth Centre. The moment I was brought in, all of my personal items were taken away and locked up and I was given medication against my will. I refused to take them and was told that I would be restrained and given the medication via injection. I can only assume that the meds were to control me, as nobody had even talked to me to establish my frame of mind or the need for medication. The next 6 months were torturous and abusive. I was essentially in jail and medicated to the point where I could barely think for myself. During one therapy session, a theory was posed that perhaps the reason I was so "troubled" is because they believed my mother had molested me. My mother was a saint and Blackman had no basis for this analysis. At one point, I was angry and told one of his staff members to "f*** off". I was promptly restrained and locked in the time-out room (four walls, a door and one way glass with only a mattress on the floor). I was in that room for a whole week and was told that it was to receive "extra special care". These are just a glimpse of the treatment I received while under his care. As far as I'm concerned, this man and most of his staff should receive jail time for their criminal treatment of children. I tried to tell people about the abuse when I finally got away from him, but I doubt anyone would take a child's word over such a "renowned" doctor.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

I was so lucky to be diagnosed with ADD If it was not for Dr Blackman I would not have finished school and gone to college Dr. Blackman has a very direct empathic and honest approach to therapy and only praise his work and thank him for making the rest of my life so blessed as I feel it to be-now!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

I took my son to see Dr. Blackman. And found him to be very pleasant person and understanding He diagnosed my son and outlined a plan for his treatment I am very thankful that my son is able to function very well now in school and at home. I referred. My girlfriend to Dr. Blackman. As she was having a lot of emotional problems but unfortunately he does not take adult patients. However I would highly recommend him to any family that. Is having problems with their children. Thank you. Dr. Blackman!!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015