Ratings for Dr. Michael G. Hughes

Due to the surgery he performed on me, I'm now disabled. When I returned to him after surgery, he stated "you cannot have pain because *I* fixed you." That was the extent of his help.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Very rude insensitive doctor especially after surgery. My mom's pain level was so high she was tremoring (arms would fly up and shake) like a preemie in the NICU. She was halucinating at times and in agony. He had the audacity to say that my mom (with an incredible pain tolerance level) was over-acting! Said it right in front of me!! I know my mom and have been through surgeries in the past with her and have never witnessed such terrible after-care by a physician. Put her on neurotin and said pain would go away in a few weeks. Never did. She now lives on pain meds and goes to a pain specialist. I strongly suggest getting a second opinion for other reasons as well that I cannot list but will say MRIs and surgical information was taken to someone else at U of MI when pain wouldn't go away and that neurosurgeon's disbelief of what was done to her back was huge.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2010

This man needs to retire, a doctor he is not, a business man he is not, an impostor he is,an insurance leach he is.(He quickly billed my insurance!) this man wasted my time, the insurance funds and another Dr. time: Upon examining my records this person Abusively labelled me an narcotics addict. Had my wife in tears told me wouldn't look at me until I was 6mo. clean, Sent me to NA psychiatrist whom disagreed with him and sent me to another (real)Dr. who apologised and performed surgery quickly(within 6 weeks!). I am pain free (most part, post surgery +6wks) & narcotics free in less than 6 weeks. This Dr. is an ****. Now maybe at one time this man was good but it must have been looong... past. Retire Dr. Hughes quit milking the system & let real Doctors collect insurance money. Go try to abuse & leach insurance from people on the golf course. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS MAN, WHO IS A IMPOSTOR. Signed John H Horton

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

very pleased with the surgery performed on me by dr hughes,I have full use of all my extremities,thank you.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2007

verbally abusive in the examining room, to the point of making me cry. I did not know a specific type of underwear was necessary, (I wear a unitard - have for years) when I was asked to strip to it , and put on a gown, he angrily said that I should have known better, and when I started to tear up he pointed to the door and said to just walk out. He then asked if I was there for workman's comp (I was there for severe back pain - no comp). I was shocked by the abusive treatment, not withstanding the fact that I had been abused in the past and not comprehending his extreem and unwarranted behavior towards me.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2007

Very rude, condesnding, unsympathetic to my concerns.He discouraged the 2nd opinion i had done. Sent me to another doctor of his choosing and sided with his (friend)or doctor he referred.Made more of an effort after I complained and threatened lawsuit (maybe I should have)I am in worse shape now after surgery. He won't respond to my concerns now that my inmsurance has lapsed. I am now unemployable trying to get disability, but he has not helped with the process.He won't admit any responsibility(I can't blame him, he's affraid of malpractice, but it's too late to file) So I guess I'd say take your chances, what the heck, maybe I am just the exception, good luck, you'll need it.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2007

Dr. Michael G. Hughes's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1967)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Battle Creek, MI