Ratings for Dr. Azim Valji

Approachable. Laid out all my options so I was able to make an informed choice. Professional and easy to talk to. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

He is fantastic. So good with my mother. Very informative and caring.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

This doctor removed a huge cancerous tumour from my body ,in March of this year. Along with a plastic surgeon the surgery lasted nearly ten hours. The operation was a complete success and after three weeks in hospital I was discharged. He always treated me with respect and is not a man that pulls his punches. Tells you exactly how it is. The nurses in The Royal Alex all said I was lucky to have had such a fine surgeon for my problem. I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Valji to anyone. Ed McDonald

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

This doctor operated on my mother for a large stomach/esophageal tumour. The incision leaked, the complications were huge and she died after sixteens of agony. She should never have had this surgery. I think she was a guinea pig for this doctor. She likely would have had a year of life vs six weeks of total horror and pain.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I was extremely pleased with me experience with Dr. Valji. He expressed genuine respect and empathy for me and my family. He provided me with a clear diagnosis, and helped me to a speedy and quick recovery. I have absolutely NO HESITATION in recommending him to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I was extremely pleased with Dr Valji. He demonstrated genuine respect and empathy for me and my family. He provided clear diagnosis to me, and has helped me to a speedy and healthy recovery. I have absolutely no hesitation at all I recommending him to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Trying to get ahold of him is impossible. Will not even send for tests without an appointment each time so he can charge(even if its the same test he said is needed again.) Didn't even have the chart at last appointment so found out absolutely nothing after driving an hour and a half to see him. Hoping next appt is better or will be trying to find someone else.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Valji by my family Doctor. I was extremely happy with my first consultation with him. He demonstrated genuine empathy and listened to me. He was very gentle in how he approached discussing my test results with me, but yet straight forward. He treated me with respect and has been very efficient in getting me in for further tests in order to be a able to give me a definite diagnosis. My test results seem to be contradictory, but he is determined to provide me with a clear diagnosis. I am thankful for this as I feel other doctors may have believed the results to be final and that everything is fine and put me on a monitoring list. He is pursuing every avenue he can in order to diagnose what in fact I have. I am very thankful that I was referred to him. He has been very efficient, speedy and respectful of all of my medical needs to date!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I joined my mother for an appointment with Dr. Valji. He treated her with such disrespect we have asked for another referral. When you are ill enough to be seeing a specialist you hope that at a basic level you will be treated with respect. Dr. Valji did not reflect values of the hippocrates oath or compassion and knowledge of the most basic bedside manner. It was almost like he had a blatant disrespect for women. Dont waste your time with this Dr. He should be checked out by the Canadian Medical Association.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Dr. Valji's staff were very courteous and kind, but I can't say the same thing for him. I had just learned that I had a massive tumour in my chest that had been missed by doctors in 2011 and in 2013, so I was referred to Dr. Valji thinking that he would discuss the tumour with me along with what the road map would be for a full diagnosis and treatment. He was very dismissive and showed absolutely no sense of urgency whatsoever. Out of frustration I asked him about why there was no sense of urgency and why can't we be getting a biopsy done soon, and he looked me right in the eyes and snapped rudely at me, "Well, I'll just remove your whole esophagus then and it'll be done with". I've never been so shocked in my life. On top of that, he told me that I also probably had Lymphoma. He gave me no reasoning of why he would just blurt something out like that, and I left the appointment with more questions and heartache than I had going in. I have never been treated so terribly and spoken to so rudely by a doctor in my life. As soon as I had arrived home from my appointment, I asked for a referral to another doctor. When I told him what Dr. Valji had said, he was shocked. Luckily for me, it turns out that I do not have Lymphoma, nor does my tumour require the removal of any of my esophagus. Dr. Valji did nothing for me other than to cause me many, many sleepless nights. I'm not sure how other people can have such great experiences with him. I can't see him as having any decent bedside manner at all, and after asking around about him, it turns out he's not known for being very caring or compassionate. I would definitely not recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015