You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Azim Valji

I was referred to Dr. Valji by my family Doctor. I was extremely happy with my first consultation with him. He demonstrated genuine empathy and listened to me. He was very gentle in how he approached discussing my test results with me, but yet straight forward. He treated me with respect and has been very efficient in getting me in for further tests in order to be a able to give me a definite diagnosis. My test results seem to be contradictory, but he is determined to provide me with a clear diagnosis. I am thankful for this as I feel other doctors may have believed the results to be final and that everything is fine and put me on a monitoring list. He is pursuing every avenue he can in order to diagnose what in fact I have. I am very thankful that I was referred to him. He has been very efficient, speedy and respectful of all of my medical needs to date!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I joined my mother for an appointment with Dr. Valji. He treated her with such disrespect we have asked for another referral. When you are ill enough to be seeing a specialist you hope that at a basic level you will be treated with respect. Dr. Valji did not reflect values of the hippocrates oath or compassion and knowledge of the most basic bedside manner. It was almost like he had a blatant disrespect for women. Dont waste your time with this Dr. He should be checked out by the Canadian Medical Association.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Dr. Valji's staff were very courteous and kind, but I can't say the same thing for him. I had just learned that I had a massive tumour in my chest that had been missed by doctors in 2011 and in 2013, so I was referred to Dr. Valji thinking that he would discuss the tumour with me along with what the road map would be for a full diagnosis and treatment. He was very dismissive and showed absolutely no sense of urgency whatsoever. Out of frustration I asked him about why there was no sense of urgency and why can't we be getting a biopsy done soon, and he looked me right in the eyes and snapped rudely at me, "Well, I'll just remove your whole esophagus then and it'll be done with". I've never been so shocked in my life. On top of that, he told me that I also probably had Lymphoma. He gave me no reasoning of why he would just blurt something out like that, and I left the appointment with more questions and heartache than I had going in. I have never been treated so terribly and spoken to so rudely by a doctor in my life. As soon as I had arrived home from my appointment, I asked for a referral to another doctor. When I told him what Dr. Valji had said, he was shocked. Luckily for me, it turns out that I do not have Lymphoma, nor does my tumour require the removal of any of my esophagus. Dr. Valji did nothing for me other than to cause me many, many sleepless nights. I'm not sure how other people can have such great experiences with him. I can't see him as having any decent bedside manner at all, and after asking around about him, it turns out he's not known for being very caring or compassionate. I would definitely not recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

I was referred to this Dr. by my GP. The experience was Not good. He was rude and condescending and didn't seem to know what he was doing. I will not go back and have asked my GP for referral to a different Dr.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Great doctor..I met him and had surgery to correct my issue within 2 months..so he's wonderful in that department. My only complaint is he is impossible to get ahold of and doesn't seem to care about anyones schedule other than his own. I had two different appointments postponed to better accomodate his schedule, however I feel like he fails to realize that his patients have lives and jobs that are sometimes arranged around these appointments and can't just be changed around based on his needs.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

His staff is great however he himself is never around when you need him to be. Serious lack of communication, what communication I do receive never actually sticks to what I'm originally told. Definitely not pleased.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr Valji is the most efficient doctor I have had to deal with. My first appointment was booked quite fast even though he felt he knew what the problem was then booked into the hospital even faster for the tests where I was treated even better. Straight shooter and makes sure you understand what he is saying before leaving the room.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Dr. Azim Valji's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Valji by my family Doctor. I was extremely happy with my first consultation with him. He demonstrated genuine empathy and listened to me..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I joined my mother for an appointment with Dr. Valji. He treated her with such disrespect we have asked for another referral. When you are ill enough to be s..."

November 29, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Valji's staff were very courteous and kind, but I can't say the same thing for him. I had just learned that I had a massive tumour in my chest that had been..."

November 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to this Dr. by my GP. The experience was Not good. He was rude and condescending and didn't seem to know what he was doing. I will not go back..."

October 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "this guy should not be a dr. he lacks knowledge and is extremely unprofessional."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I was very unhappy with the way he treated me and how didnt care about me and only himself"

April 27, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor..I met him and had surgery to correct my issue within 2 months..so he's wonderful in that department. My only complaint is he is impossible to get ..."

January 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "His staff is great however he himself is never around when you need him to be. Serious lack of communication, what communication I do receive never actually sti..."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very disappointed in the information and knowledge and care provided. Had to go to another specialist to receive proper care."

October 23, 2014