Ratings for Dr. Michael Surkan

Dr. Mike Surkan ha been my doctor for over 10 years, as well as my mother and fathers doctor. He is always very thorough and goes into long explanation which I like. I've always felt comfortable asking him follow up questions and always leave feeling like I have the whole story. His has a sense of humor and is very straight forward in the way he talks - like someone else said he is good at speaking in 'english' and doesnt use too much medical jargon. My family and I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Surkan.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

If you want to die sooner, he will be your choice. He has no moral standards and hate his job

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Mike has been my doctor for over 30 years now. I've always found him easy to talk to and he has never made me feel stupid no matter what I ask him. He always talks to me in English (as opposed to "doctor-ese") maybe that's because when we first met, I told him that if he spoke to me in medical terms, I'd make him repeat it in English until I understood it. I think he has a great sense of humour and has always been very pleasant and forthright with me.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I've been with Dr. Surkan since I've been born and only had good experiences with him. He listens well, offers valuable input, and works with me to come up with a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Dr. Surkan is one of the most knowledgeable physicians in town. He has been very thorough in my care and it is evident he likes his job and cares for the well-being of his patients. I find it strange that some of the reviews on this page are so negative, as I've never experienced anything to complain about.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Easily the most useless doctor I've encountered, which is probably why he was the only doctor in town accepting new patients when we moved here. If I'd only known! If you move to Penticton and need a family doctor you will get far better care going to a drop in client, or a vet.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

This doctor has a bad habit of asking too many personal questions. When I initially complied, he then advised me on my personal life...after that, I felt he was judging me, using his own personal/dated criteria. I suspect that he believes that he must treat "the whole person", not just the body, but many people feel that he crosses a line when he interferes in a patient's personal life. Privacy is important to most. How would he like it if I did the same to him? I am a young woman, in my twenties, and I will not tolerate this, unlike some older women I have spoken to..who, in the past, gave him the benefit of the doubt and tolerated his prying. I am looking for a new doctor, as is my girlfriend, another patient.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Michael Surkan is the most arrogant man and doctor that I have ever encountered. My family has left his practice due to poor bedside manners. Please think twice about seeing him. I am certain that he needs to retire very soon as he is burnt out and has a lack of respect for patients. Please do the patients a favour and leave. When someone no longer loves their job and patients become an inconvenience please leave them to someone that has compassion. In a small town word gets around and my feelings have been shared amd experienced by many individuals.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

dr micheal surkan is an arrogant condescending man. rude to pts, nurses,family members does not order tests,xrays etc can have tests if you pay i m sure he gets paid way too much for who and what he is

flag | Submitted June 9, 2013