Ratings for Dr. Mark Simko

Very unprofessional behavior that a person of your education and background would throw a patient out for breast feeding. Who has the real hang up and anxiety "Dr.".

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I saw Dr. Simko for about 3 years for very bad anxiety. He helped me a lot. He suggested a medication that has helped me and he would ask me questions at my visits and understood me.. I really feel that he helped me and I am grateful for that. He was very professional.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I have never met a psychiatrist whose initial approach consisted of immediately derision and suspicion. He bombarded me with distrustful questions even after he immediately told me that he could not help me. I met with him for about ten minutes and ended the session none too soon. He should not be practicing psychiatry because he could actually cause injury to a patient.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2013

i have been going to DR Simko for many years now and he has been very patient with me in working out my struggles with depression. It took years but we finally were able to hit on the right combination for this and at a very low dose as well.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012

Honestly i was afraid of him. I felt he did not listen to me , at all. It was as if I went for ten minutes of lectureing. I saw him for more then one year and I am willing to bet he couldn't say how many children I have or what level of education I completed with out checking his notes. He's rather "Un-plugged" . He comes of as arrogant and gruff. I have stopped seeing him and he hasn't even once checked to see if things were okay. I canceled an appointment and never made another. Seems uncaring and I have heard the same from other patients of his as well. I suppose he would be okay for maintence medicine , which is basically what I used him for. Good Luck.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

Of the several psychitrists that I have seen, Dr. Simko is by far the worst. During my initial consultation with him he frequently acted as if he didn't believe the symptoms I was describing to him were accurate and constantly tried to mischaracterize what I was telling him. At the end of the visit he suggested that I might want to consider electroshock therapy for my bipolar disorder. I never went back and promptly found a different doctor who is helping me manage just fine with medications and did not find it necessary to scramble my brain with electricity.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

Dr. Mark Simko's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Johnson City, NY