Ratings for Dr. Leon Stern

If you need to fill out papers for SSI, etc. this doctor is for you. If you want to treat an actual problem you want to treat, go elsewhere. I made an appointment with Dr. Stern for OCD. For context, I am 21 and have been dealing with OCD my whole life, but only the past two years my OCD became severe. Office staff was fine and I got a convenient appointment, which was the following Monday after I called on Friday. I got to see the doctor as soon as I finished the questionnaire, which wasn't too long. I told him I have OCD and explained to him my symptoms, such as walking back and forth, repeating certain phrases, counting steps, etc. I told him my OCD is becoming unmanageable. He asks me a bunch of questions about my OCD, my history and does the mental status exam. My mom was in the waiting room. I brought her because I was anxious about seeing a psychiatrist for the first time, and also because of insurance reasons. He then asks to speak to my mom and asks her questions about history such as marriage, pregnancy, when I was a young child, etc. Then my mom starts complaining about me, how my dad yelled because of something I did last night, etc. I told her to be quiet but Dr. Stern insisted I let her speak. In the end he doesn't treat the OCD and instead referred us to a family service organization. He recommended a supported apartment and employment training, which is what this organization offers. And he told me I needed to be independent from my parents. I came to treat my OCD, not to discuss my career plans. We paid $100 told they charge all new patients, and they owe us $40 which they yet to give back.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I would certainly never recommend this so-called professionl'a services to any person that I cared for. I do not know how to say this but this man spent more time studying my chest than analyzing my mind. Horrible experience.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

DO NOT GO to this Doctor if you have any real problem. This doctor treats only healthy people. As soon as real depression comes to you - he will find any reason not to treat you. I'm deeply sorry for all people, who's trying to get help from this "so called " doctor. The waiting line in his office is huge, because the main people his treats are Medicaid clients, who barely speak English and will never complain about anything. DO NOT GO TO THIS " DOCTOR ".

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

Amazing doctor. After visiting several psychiatrists, I came to Leon Stern. He is very attentive and professional. He prescribed me correct medications which really helped me

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

Dr. Leon Stern's Credentials

• Kaunas Med Inst, Kaunas, Lithuania (Fn: 616-01) (Grad. 1971)