Ratings for Dr. Linden Schild

I've been seeing Dr. Schild for around 9 years and I haven't gotten better, only worse !!! I feel very naive that I bought into his pill-pushing but now I understand what he does. The waiting time is typically longer than 2 hours. If you a regular patient, you don't really have to see him monthly unless it's an emergency with your medication because he'll just ask the same questions , fill your script and send you off on your way . It's not right that he does this to patients . His staff are generally nice people. But it's time that I find another psychiatrist or psychotherapist to help me because I've been hurting too long and the medication he prescribed over the years has only made matters worse .:(

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

I have been seeing dr Schild for over 10 years now yeah he makes you wait quite a while but once you're in there he knows what he's talking about he's extremely educated and helpful I wouldn't be alive if I never met him as I've seen other psychiatrists I'm bipolar type 1 with psychotic features through the mania the depression the suicidal thoughts and insomnia he's brought me back to life every time god bless him he's worth the wait signed marigrace from pine bush ny

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Schild for more than 20 years. He is a well-educated, well-informed, highly knowledgeable clinician. He runs his own practice and works harder than any 3 drs combined! Be prepared to have some patience in his waiting room, as he does run behind often. His care is worth the wait. Thank you to his staff for always helping me, they have A LOT to deal with and always handle it with professionalism.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I just stumbled upon this website after realizing that Dr. Linden Schild was not aiding me in my struggle with mental illness, but making it so, so much worse. Thank god I don't appear to be the only one who's suffered at the hands of his negligent psychiatry. He should be avoided at all costs.

Submitted March 8, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Schild for nearly twenty years. He has taken care of me from adolescence to adulthood. He has always handled my case with the utmost care and respect. I have always felt like a person and not a number. His staff is courteous and helpful from reception to management. I have watched them handle tough situations with poise and ease. I am well aware of Dr. Schild's time management issue and I plan my appointment days accordingly. I would recommend this dr and office to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

There are many things wrong with this facility and Dr. Schild himself. The only time you are able to contact him is if you are scheduled for an appointment. I understand he's busy but the receptionists don't understand that sometimes situations are urgent. Albeit they are usually polite, "I'll leave a note for the doctor" doesn't work. The newer billing lady is awfully rude for someone who makes multiple mistakes- overcharges that I have to now dispute! This place is a mess. As far as Dr. Schild himself goes- where is the bedside manner? It was completely non-existent when I saw him. He'd ask the same questions every session and be done with you in 5 minutes even if there was a new concern. He showed me very no empathy. I fired him as my psychiatrist 2 weeks ago and found one locally that seems interested in helping me rather than throwing the newest patented medication at me. He gave me his direct line and his e-mail address and I'm finally relieved. If you're struggling with mental health issues, I strongly, STRONGLY advise you to stay clear of this facility. - G

Submitted August 18, 2015

I was a patient there for over 3 years and I had always seen the nurse practitioners there and seen dr. Schild only once during that time because the practitioners had left the office to work somewhere else and dr. Schild I would have to say is a very kind dr. Listens to everything you would have to say and is very concerned also and he also had saved my life. The problem I have with the office is his 2 receptionists running that office there are both very nasty to the patients there's never a day I go for a visit without one of them being really nasty to me and when they call me to change my appointment with the dr. Up a month or even 2 months ahead to suit there needs and tell me I can call them when I'm ready for a refill I can they had never told me 24 hours in advance but I assumed I would have to so I did. I called this past Friday and on Monday I had called which was yesterday to see if the prescription would be ready that I was able to get a ride there to pick it up they right away told me no no you need to give us 24 hours notice and I was stunned cause if I recall I did give them 24 hours notice actually more than that and it's been nothing but a problem now and right now since yesterday afternoon (Monday) to now and still im without my meds and I litterally can't even function those women that run that office are nothing but rude people that should not be running an office like that. And on top of it all they mumble things under there breath everytime im there like as if I can't hear them rudely making fun of me and complaining to eachother about me making me feel uncomfortable to even sit there. I dred going to an appointment there cause I know what I'm in for and im trying to look elsewhere to go and can't find anywhere that takes my insurance.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I have seen Dr. Schild 4 or 5 times and never once waited less than 45 minutes and on one occasion a totally intolerable HOUR AND A HALF. I walked out of his waiting room today when, after having been there almost an hour, the doctor called in and elderly patient in a wheel chair who who had been waiting even longer. On another matter, his receptionist, a nice enough woman, was improperly charging me a co-pay which I will now have to dispute. I will not comment on his knowledge except to say he could not answer my question about the interactivity of cymbalta and marijuana. Then again, need I say more?!!!! Did the drugs that he prescribed help me? Hard to say. The has bee a slight improvement in my mood, but since such swings occur with or without drugs, it's very difficult to quantify. But bear in mind that the two medications that he prescribed, cymbalta and welbutrin, are among the most commonly used for my condition and probably would have been presribed by ANY shrink.... or gas station owner for that matter.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr.Schilds for many years. He is very knowledgable in his field and has basically saved my life in several instances. He is kind and takes time with his patients which is often why he is running behind. He will come in early in the am or stay late in the evening to see you if you have an emergency. My only complaint at this point is his staff. They are unorganized and rude to top it all off!! I don't understand how such a competent doctor could have such a crew of rude idiots running his office?!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

Dr. schild is over-committed, it's true but this man KNOWS his diagnosis' and his medicines. After 10+ years of being treated under the wrong diagnosis and wrong meds, and therefore losing a spouse and a job, Dr. Schild saved my life. I am a completely different person. Yes, the wait for your appt is long and yes, it takes time to get to your right dose, but welcome to psychiatry - there are no hard and fast rules. But Dr. Schild has studied not only psychiatry but pharmacology and knows how these meds work and interact with each other...so if you or someone you love is sufferring, give Dr. Schild a chance. He saved me and he can save you too.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

Dr. Linden Schild's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Linden Schild, MD is a psychiatrist located in Chester, NY with more than 30 years of experience in his field.

• English
  • Spanish

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

AHC