Ratings for Dr. Catherine L. Cowart

My personal experience with Dr. Cowart and her staff was AWESOME! Dr. Cowart removed a 12 cm fibroid on 12/15/16. She is very experienced and knowledgeable. I would recommend anyone who is dealing with fibroids to see her. I was uneasy about the surgery but she put me at ease by explaining the step-by-step process. She took the time to talk with my husband and parents after the surgery to inform them of my status. My recovery went well. At my post-op visit she provided me with pics of my fibroid, which was unbelievable. Thank you Dr. Cowart for taking good care of me.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Just an FYI.. All of the good reviewes are coming from inside her office. They are trying to off set all of the bad ones. She is a horrible and disgusting woman who doesn't deserve to practice medicine. Not to mention she told me, "you better not be a republican".

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

My personal experience with Dr. Cowart and her staff was a very pleasant one. It looks to me the negative reviews are from people who might have had a minor issue and took it online to vent instead of having the office take care of the problem. As far as the wait time it is expected as any good doctor's office. I personally wasn't looking for a doctor to hold my hand but instead a doctor who had the proper knowledge to help me with my particular issues. That's exactly the service I found in this office, a group of professionals who were willing to help me and who had the right experience and knowledge.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Horrible experience! Dr. Cowart is as mean and nasty as they come. She lacks any kind of bedside manner, patient empathy, or class. This Dr. is condescending, patronizing, demeaning, and arrogant. She is impatient with an extremely short fuse. She did not hesitate to get aggressive and make an uncomfortable scene right in her office. I would not refer her to my worst enemy. Dr. Cowart is a truly wicked woman.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

WOW! What an awful experience. The staff is downright rude and inconsiderate. People visit Dr. Cowart when they are trying to start a family. It is an extremely personal and intense situation and the staff, including Dr. Cowart, do not take this into consideration. The nurses act like they don't want to be there and have much better things to do. There is basically no flexibility on making appointments and once you do set an appointment be prepared to sit in the waiting room for upwards of an hour. Dr. Cowart's beside manor is atrocious. She shows NO compassionate what-so-ever which makes me wonder why shes in this particular field. At the end of the day she is out to make MONEY and a lot of it. They will nickle and dime you to the end ... $1/page for those medical records. Do yourself a favor and run RUN away from this place. There are wonderful doctors out there they genuinely care about you as a patient. Dr. Cowart and her staff are not one of them.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

wow amazing how they judge her . nothing new nurses are not very nice and are very rude

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Everyone is very Nice, Dody is especially nice and Dr. Cowart is very thorough and compassionate, she tells you the truth and what is needed to help you. I read some of these reviews prior to my appointment and I find them not to be true at all. I’m glad I made the appointment. As for waiting, I never waited long but really, there are many sick people who need help, get over yourself. I have some doctors I wait over 3 hours for and guess what I don’t care because they are good and busy helping others!! Most good doctors are busy!! I would be happy to wait for Dr. Cowart of I ever had to, so I have a competent doctor helping me! Thank you Dr. Cowart and everyone there!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I am a 40 year old & new to Tampa. Dr. Cowart was recommended from my insurance provider for Well-Woman yearly check-up. Setting the appointment took 3 separate phone calls but each one polite. I completed all of my paperwork before arriving and had everything ready for the receptionist when I arrived. Was called back promptly and put into a room with instructions. Once Nurse Christina returned she chastised me (I work in the law field, I do not have thin skin) for completing one of the documents incorrectly for request of documentation from my prior physician. I explained I would get that corrected. Next she continued to speak to me in a harsh tone, as if she was mad at me that she had to be there. I waited for a brief few minutes for Dr. Cowart to arrive. Once she came in, I should have taken the signs from Nurse Christina that this was obviously NOT the place for me. Dr. Cowart called me ABNORMAL and was just astonished that a woman "of my age" would NOT want children of my own. First and most importantly, this is a very personal decision and not one I entertained lightly. I have been married t the same man for 20 years and WE decided together that this world is full of children who need love and to be cared for. We offer our time and experience to Foster Care and Big Brothers/Big Sisters. I pray for each woman who has infertility issues that they reach their goals and can share the love in their heart righteously. However, I am NOT as Dr. Cowart suggests "abnormal", I am responsible and honest with myself and my personal limitations. When in a position of power, one should preset themselves humbly so as to not come off as callus and inhumane. I will NOT return to Dr. Cowart's office or care.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

She's the best!! show details She's the best!! by K Jamison on Feb 11th, 2015 She is so awesome!! If you have fibroids this is your dr!! I had a previous dr that did a failed fibroid surgery and I found her and unbelievable the difference!! I explained my situation and they worked me in to see her so quick. It was mind blowing the knowledge and how I was treated so much better!! She is literally called the fibroid queen at the hospital by the staff. She was great at explaining in great detail to my husband and I my condition and how she would do the surgery. She knew I wanted this fixed fast and her and her staff was amazing how quick they worked me in. Within 2 weeks my surgery was complete. Including 3 drs visits. My life was horrible prior. So many problems with fibroid. She gave me my life back. I felt great imediately after surgery with zero problems. I couldn't of been happier. If your r reading this trust me this is your doctor!! I tell anyone looking for a gyno this is who you want to go to!! She has so much experience!! The staff from day one was very nice. I wish I had found her sooner!! Very friendly answered all my questions sitting down with us. I can't say enough about her and her staff. I'm just so happy and thankful to have found her.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

If you want to be told to go on the South Beach Diet, and be lectured for an hour about things that have nothing to do with your visit, go here.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2014

Dr. Catherine L. Cowart's Credentials

• Bowman Gray Sch Of Med Of Wake Forest Univ, Winston-Salem Nc 27157 (Grad. 1986)