Ratings for Dr. Agnes Schlanger

Used to be her patient as a teenager. Absolutely awful and careless doctor.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I'm surprised at the poor reviews. I have seen Dr. Schlanger for years, and will miss her terribly. She has been an advocate for me in dealing with chronic pain/spine issues. Herself and her assistant, Lena, have gone out of their way trying to get me the care I need, asking how they can help, showing kindness and compassion, and even some humour. She has always respected my tendency toward natural medicine, but gives me the choice. Other doctors would tell me if I didn't take their steroids or have the mammograms, they would not treat me. She gave me respect that my health care was in my hands.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I was under this woman's care for a couple of years and kept getting worse. I moved to the United States and was immediately diagnosed with a treatable illness that could have killed me if I had remained in this woman's care. Glad to hear she had retired. She was incompetent.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I'm so upset right now,after 2 days of getting to reach her unsuccessfully I just learned Dr.Schlanger retired and NOBODY in her group of back up doctors or PATIENTS knew. Even the replacement doctor at a different address doesn't mention that on the answering mach .message. I think it is RUDE and inconsiderate. I'm sure going to find a better replacement tha Dr. Philip ALVEZ. he is as rude as she is

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Both my grandmother and I were patients of Dr. Schlanger. She has to be the worst Dr I have ever met. She doesn't care about her patients, and she certainly doesn't care about what will happen to you once you leave her office. I had been complaining to her about not feeling good for years! 5 yrs later she finally deicded to check a little box on my bloodwork that gave me the answers to what had been wrong. I had to wait 4 years, feeling sick because she would just try to tell me I was fine. My grandmother had a hip replacement 13 years ago and is now having pain and went to see Dr Shlanger. She sent her to a specialist who can look at her zrays because she thought she needed a hip replacement again. The dr. Sapley that she sent her to, he doesn't replace hips that have already been replaced so she has to go to someone else. We already waited 3 months for this appointment which was completely point less, and now she has to get another referral and wait again, in pain because Dr schlanger obviously doesn't know what she's doing or doesn't care. Don't even get me started on the receptionist! The most rude, disrespectful woman I've encountered.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I signed up looking for new doctor at this location 605 Royal York Road. thought I was getting Dr. Schlanger but they told me i would get Dr. Khan. Awful hours, Receptionist never answers phone or calls back have been trying for over a week. I am 55 years old experiencing chest pain I guess I will be dead before someone gets back to me. Plan is to walk in there and tell them how awful it is make my opinion and walk out so everyone can hear.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

I have been so frustrated with this doctor and really want to find a new one. I can't get through to make an appointment and now she isn't even getting back to my pharmacy for my meds refill. Once, when I was feeling very depressed and needed help I went there crying and practically suicidal and she didn't have any compassion and didn't seem to want to listen until I stood up and said it's obvious she doesn't care and won't help me so I was going to leave. She seems more interested in making money than helping people. She should go to the US if that's what she;s looking for!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I have been a patient for 10 years. On a good note, they are always on time and I have never had to wait. Dr. Schlanger makes excellent references, but has zero bedside manners and comes across as being intimidating, so it is impossible to open up to her and tell her why you are there without getting tongue-tied. The recptionist is absolutely horrible and rude. You have to call over and over and over before someone even picks up the phone. Sometimes it takes me weeks to get through. Also, as a woman now 45 years old, why haven't I had a mammogram or any other proper check-up? When I called in to make an appointment for a check-up, I was told they only do them every 3 years and that I could only come in for another issue. Also, when you do manage to get an appointment, you are told that you can only discuss one issue at a time.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr.Schlanger for decades. She runs her office efficiently and she has never kept me waiting for an appointment as she respects her patients' time. She's helped keep my health on par through some difficult times and where required sends me for blood tests and other testing either at my request or if she deems it necessary. Her office is located in a great area with many other medical resources and medical professionals available to aid her patients. She has never pushed her other services on me and I find her kind and a good listener. Do not mistake efficiency for bedside manner - she had never been anything but great with me...and she can be quite funny too. I am surprised at the vitriol exhibited on this site against this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013