Ratings for Dr. Bernard J. Jacobs

There isn't enough good I can say about Dr. Jacobs. He's been my doctor for 16 years now and over that time has helped me more than words can express. He's a genuinely wonderful listener who is able to provide such great insight on things that I was certain I'd gone over a thousand times in my own head. I like the fact that he isn't quick to medicate, but rather strongly suggests alternative methods and resources I can use. He's always been terribly considerate and overall a wonderful human. I cannot recommend him enough. Dr. Jacobs changed my life, and I am a better person for knowing him.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

He is the kindest, best person I know. I essentially grew up under his care, and he's saved my life many times. I probably wouldn't be alive today if I did not know this man. When I couldn't come in he'd let me call, he has helped me with school and insurance stuff that confused me, and he always believed in me, even when no one else did.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2012

Dr. Bernard Jacobs treated me at SLS Health residential in Brewster, New York, for 9 months. I went there because I was struggling with depression from a resurfacing of traumatic memories from when I was growing up. I saw Dr. Jacobs once a week for 15 minute max sessions. The experience of being treated by Dr. Jacobs was a traumatic experience in itself. He started me off with a strong dose of 4 mood stabilizers before getting to know me. When I began shaking like someone with Parkinson's disease, he put me on Cogentin, instead of reducing my doses. I was told that I was struggling because of a "genetic thought disorder" when there was no scientific test to prove this. The drugs gave me new symptoms; lack of expression, blank stare, drooling, intensified depression, inability to think clearly. If I continued following his advice after leaving SLS, I'd be working at a supermarket bagging groceries. Now I am in school, working at a job I love and am happy and am drug free!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Dr. Bernard J. Jacobs's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1966)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal