Ratings for Dr. Lawrence B. Hurwitz

Dr. Hurwitz has been very helpful in not only working with the patient but including family as well. He has an answering service and is prompt in getting back to you. He will work to reschedule appointments as needed. The staff is polite and they are always on top of the billing. We are grateful and hold the Dr. and the office staff in high esteem.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

STAY AWAY!!!!I had the unfortunate experience of trying to deal with this old cantankerous man, and his staff (with the exception of Pam) is a nightmare as well - RUDE, RUDE, RUDE. I was told by a few friends who are Pharm reps for psychotropic meds that he is the WORST in teh business...I should have listened! Denise, his "office manager" is the epitomy of ignorance and rudeness at its best...do yourself a favor and find someone reputable!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

DO NOT RECOMMEND blocked me from leaving after saying i was dismissed very rude diagnosed me as bi polar after a 10 min visit

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

This guy was rude and disrespectful. He barely responded to anything I said and prescribed me medication that is viewed by most doctors as outdated. I would save your money and avoid this old school doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

I went to see him at the age of 16 after my insurance company dropped my then current psychiatrist. He was the only doctor I could see because no one else my insurance covered would treat minors. After interrogating my parents at the initial visit, he interrogated me, starting our first visit (after locking the door behind him...) by asking me, and I quote, what "street drugs" I was on. I was not there for drug issues or even behavioral issues, I was simply depressed since the age of 12 and needed someone to help manage my medications. His accusatory, arrogant manner also ended with me leaving his office in tears just about every visit. He also never actually discussed anything with me, but chose to stick me in a room with a psychologist who couldn't even help me because she was stuck under his arrogant rule and who also only talked about herself. He would often barge in meetings with the psychologist only tell scold me for one thing or another. I do NOT reccomend him.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

To be fair, I should have learned more about him before I made the appointment. I am told that he primarily works with problem kids and uses the tough love approach. However, I am not a child and I felt that he treated me like a bothersome kid. I felt degraded and belittled by him. He spent 5 minutes with me and gave me a couple prescriptions which I never filled because he refused to talk to me about what they were or what they did. I left his office in tears and never went back.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Lawrence B. Hurwitz's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1965)

Assurant