Ratings for Dr. Lisa Gough

Dr Gough has been our family doctor for 12 years and we've found her to be patient, kind and takes the time to address our concerns and health issues. She's very thorough and we appreciate that she refers us to specialists when she deems it necessary in order to make an informed diagnosis. Better to be safe than sorry. We appreciate Dr Gough and her staff.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I have had Dr. Gough for the last 10 years now as my family doctor, and have found her to be very easy to confide in, very gentle, listens fully to my concerns, and is very willing for me to be a partner in my own health care. I have found her to be quite knowledgeable, ( or willing to find something out for me), and I particularly like that she will define and then put forward several options on an issue, along with a discussion of the pros and cons of each approach, and then presents her advice, rather than just assigning you with a treatment or prescription or sending you off to see someone else. She has never had the arrogance that I have found in other individuals who think they know automatically what is best for you, and whisk you out of the office as fast as possible. The only difficulty I have had is getting an appointment with her right away, or sometimes having an appointment changed because of her dedication to her maternity patients and their unpredictability...and I cant really fault her for that! I love her, and have many friends who have asked if she would be taking any new patients.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Lisa Gough is great when it comes to dealing with children or pregnancy.. As for being a GP, her abilities and knowledge definitely fall short, she was my family doctor for the past 15ish years and never have i been more disappointed in the care i received.. She had little to no knowledge on the issues my family and I were having, and often dismissed what we had to say

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Excellent. Caring, knowledgeable, pleasant. The best GP I have had in past 60 years

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. Gough is overly cautious to the point where she has no opinion of her own. She constantly refers you to other specialists - even for simple things - who roll their eyes at the fact that you were referred in the first place. I found this a waste of my time. And if she has any serious concerns she will not tell you directly but rather offer vague advice, then go behind your back to the authorities. I am posting this so that others are aware of this and are not shocked by this behaviour. I think her lack of certainty/confidence(?) causes her to behave in irrational ways. This is rather unfortunate as she otherwise comes across as someone who cares.

Submitted March 14, 2014

Dr. Gough is a great doctor. Punctual, professional, helpful. I feel like she gets the job done efficiently and that she cares. She is really easy going about children coming to appointments as well.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

BEST doctor I've ever had! She was my doctor during my pregnancy, was there for the birth, and was my doctor long after until I moved. I miss her! She was so wonderful and I even begged her to take me back if I ever moved back to Victoria.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

After being admitted for induction Dr. Gough was promplty there to ease my worries and when my daughter went into stress and an emergency c-section was done, dr gough was there every step of the way and with her simplicity and comfort I felt ok with everything that was happening and knew that she would make sure that everything was ok..we love you dr gough

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

I switched doctors because I knew Dr. Gough was thorough, and involved in her patients. She delivered my son, and is my wife's doctor as well.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011