Ratings for Dr. Stanley Flax

Dr Flax came recommended from my mother who is a nurse. I had a tube tightly overlapping another in my stomach and was in denial of the pain my whole life, util was unbearable. Dr Flax found it and did laproscopic surgery to fix it with zero issues. 3 tiny scars. Excellent Dr & surgeon. Five stars*****

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

My name is Taghi and I did biopsy at prostate centre in North York General Hospital. Dr Flax and Dr Tunis not only are experts in their fields, but also they have excellent personalities and I appreciate them. I would like also to appreciate secretaries, nurses and all the staff at the centre.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. Flax and his team performed the biopsy for me recently and they are very friendly and helpful. This was my best medical experience in Canada and anywhere else. I am very thankful to all of them.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr Flax diagnosed my prostate cancer and got things in motion very quickly. I'm alive today because of his expert care; he's a superb doctor and a caring human being. I'm very grateful to him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

Several times been there, he was very very late. His jokes are not funny. The antibiotics helped. He forgot what we agreed to do and decided to do smth different, which is not needed at all,because I had this same condition couple years ago. Seems like he does not care at all, It is scary to trust him. I will not see him again. No thank you. I dont recommend.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Dr. Flax performed a Cystoscopy on me recently. The procedure went well and there no issues. He was an extremely friendly person and showed genuine concern about my well being. I have been to many specialists in the past and can say with confidence that he is among the top. His secretary was also very friendly and always sent me reminders about my appointments. Thank you all for your attention

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Dr. Flax removed my prostate more than five years ago. The procedure went well, there has been no recurrence. Yes, I still have some incontinence... which I was warned about. I was just glancing at his ratings and can't imagine they refer to the doctor I know. His right hand lady has always been great! My visits are friendly and relaxed. I like and trust this man.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Dr. Flax is a knowledgeable doctor but that's not enough! He definitly has attitude problem and his secretery is extremely rude!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr. Flax and two others work as a group. While you will see the same one in the office, you may seen any of them, or others, at the Branson Clinic if you need a prostate biopsy. they handed off to each other well, and all of them are very knowledgeable. I was first diagnosed with non-aggressive cancer, but the next biopsy showed too much progression. I chose surgical removal (radical prostatectomy) and everything went as expected with Dr. Flax as the surgeon. At five months I am recovering from the effects at about the average rate and I am cancer-free. The effects are a nuisance, not painful, and I suffered virtually no pain after the surgery. I read the other comments and I did not encounter anything like rudeness or lack of heart. But I do have the advantage of being very knowledgeable already and able to read technical materials with full understanding; so I was well-prepared.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr Flax definitely has an attitude problem. He is very arrogant, rude and basically has no heart. Yes and that does remind me of a lot of doctors out there. So he's just like the rest if not worse. He is very rough when examining or carrying out procedures. He also has a very odd sense of humour like others have mentioned. Does he know what's he's doing? I guess so. Do I trust my life and body in his hands? No never. Should he be acting in more professional manner with patients? Yes, he's a doctor not a garbage man. With his high salary, level of education and age, he should be a better person. People like him have no conscience or compassion. Why didn't he just become a stock trader or car salesman? Doctors become doctors to help human kind with their knowledge.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015