Dr. Stanley Flax

5 1 3.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. Stanley Flax

Dr. Stanley Flax's Ratings

Dr. Flax and two others work as a group. While you will see the same one in the office, you may seen any of them, or others, at the Branson Clinic if you need a prostate biopsy. they handed off to each other well, and all of them are very knowledgeable. I was first diagnosed with non-aggressive cancer, but the next biopsy showed too much progression. I chose surgical removal (radical prostatectomy) and everything went as expected with Dr. Flax as the surgeon. At five months I am recovering from the effects at about the average rate and I am cancer-free. The effects are a nuisance, not painful, and I suffered virtually no pain after the surgery. I read the other comments and I did not encounter anything like rudeness or lack of heart. But I do have the advantage of being very knowledgeable already and able to read technical materials with full understanding; so I was well-prepared.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2911300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2015

Dr Flax definitely has an attitude problem. He is very arrogant, rude and basically has no heart. Yes and that does remind me of a lot of doctors out there. So he's just like the rest if not worse. He is very rough when examining or carrying out procedures. He also has a very odd sense of humour like others have mentioned. Does he know what's he's doing? I guess so. Do I trust my life and body in his hands? No never. Should he be acting in more professional manner with patients? Yes, he's a doctor not a garbage man. With his high salary, level of education and age, he should be a better person. People like him have no conscience or compassion. Why didn't he just become a stock trader or car salesman? Doctors become doctors to help human kind with their knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2899504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2015

Dr. Stanley Flax saved my life, 22 yrs ago, my doctor sent me to him for what he thought was a small nodule on my kidney, after having a CT scan, Dr. Flax sent for me on a Thursday as I recall, and by Sunday I was in hospital waiting for surgery, it turned out to be the beginning of Cancer starting, Dr. Flax operated on Monday and removed my kidney. All my follow ups were just great with him, no problems since, I will always be very grateful to this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2825508].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 2, 2015

The operation (day surgery) he performed did NOT work!!! I still have the same symptoms as before, and at the North York General hospital, a lack of cleanliness and care caused me to be exposed and ill from a very contagious and (in some cases, for the elderly, for example) lethal illness. All the missed sick days and pain and suffering were for nothing. Extremely disappointed to say the least.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2768904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Referred to Dr. Flax for what was thought to be prostatitis. The first time I saw him he told me to take these antibiotics and he won't need to see me again. I went back 5 weeks later and he told me I needed to wait longer for it to go away. I told him I was peeing blood and he said oh then maybe we should have a look. He did a cystocopy and told me he found something but wanted to do a CT scan to make sure. 5 days later I had a CT scan and then didn't hear from his office of a week. After the week I got a call telling me he wanted to see me at his office again and had appointments in two weeks. Meanwhile, the day after I got the CT scan I took the results to a family member that was a radiologist and after one look he told me to get to the hospital. I went to Mt Sinai was admitted the same day and put on the emergency surgery list to have part of my bladder removed. I would strongly not recommend Dr. Flax as had I not looked after it myself I would still be waiting. Stay away !

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2756472].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Very unhelpful staff. esp the secretary with no real medical training will screen the referrals and cannot differentiate between what needs to be seen urgently and what does not. Very disrespectful to GPs in general, think twice about going here.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2704402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

Dr. Flax is a very wonderful experienced DR, he been fantastic to few family members. He was extremely attentive to my young child. Dr. Flax to me is one of the kindest caring DR's out there Keep up with the amazing job you do Stanley

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

I was diagnosed with a bladder tumor. Dr. Flax was aware of all the things and my previous health before I visited his office the first time. The surgery went super well and the outcome was better than what we have all expected. Recovery was really fast and a total wonder. One of the best and professional doctors that I've seen here in Canada.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

Referred to Dr. Flax for a PSA issue. He put me on an antibiotic for a month that may have been inappropriate due to my compromised immune system. After 3 weeks I got very ill, contacting C Difficile, which my Gastroenterologist said was caused by the drug prescribed by Dr. Flax. I made several attempts to have Dr. Flax call me so I could discuss with him, he never called. I went to his office and eventually walked out as he kept me waiting. I would not recommend him to anyone. Stay away !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1350497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2013

Appointments are very quick. The onus is on the patient to remind the doctor of what happened previously. He never reviewed the file before seeing me. Still, Dr. Flax is open-minded and isn't willing to jump to conclusions with a diagnosis. Ultimately, couldn't help me, but at least was looked at my problem from different angles. He's friendly and his assistant is helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350494].votes_count ]]