Ratings for Dr. Stanley Flax

I had a radical prostatectomy 10 weeks ago, performed by Dr. Flax who had also analyzed the results of my biopsy. He felt strongly surgery (vs radiation) was the right course of action, in my case (I am 57 yrs old). Post-surgery pathology confirmed 15% of my cancer was aggressive and that radiation would not have been enough. I like him; he is obviously proficient but not the warmest guy. I didn't need a new friend so i was fine with my treatment. On the downside, I did have to chase him a bit to get a follow-up appointment, but that is the sign of a busy urologist so I cut him some slack there.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Found out that I may have prostate cancer from my family doctor 2 months after the exam. Was not noticed by Dr. Flax's office at all. I had to email my family doctor to find out. When I called Dr. Flax's office, I was scolded by the nurse for not calling them to find out my results. Where is the customer service? Where is the basic level of care that should be expected from any health care professional?

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr Flax came recommended from my mother who is a nurse. I had a tube tightly overlapping another in my stomach and was in denial of the pain my whole life, util was unbearable. Dr Flax found it and did laproscopic surgery to fix it with zero issues. 3 tiny scars. Excellent Dr & surgeon. Five stars*****

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

My name is Taghi and I did biopsy at prostate centre in North York General Hospital. Dr Flax and Dr Tunis not only are experts in their fields, but also they have excellent personalities and I appreciate them. I would like also to appreciate secretaries, nurses and all the staff at the centre.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. Flax and his team performed the biopsy for me recently and they are very friendly and helpful. This was my best medical experience in Canada and anywhere else. I am very thankful to all of them.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr Flax diagnosed my prostate cancer and got things in motion very quickly. I'm alive today because of his expert care; he's a superb doctor and a caring human being. I'm very grateful to him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

Several times been there, he was very very late. His jokes are not funny. The antibiotics helped. He forgot what we agreed to do and decided to do smth different, which is not needed at all,because I had this same condition couple years ago. Seems like he does not care at all, It is scary to trust him. I will not see him again. No thank you. I dont recommend.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Dr. Flax performed a Cystoscopy on me recently. The procedure went well and there no issues. He was an extremely friendly person and showed genuine concern about my well being. I have been to many specialists in the past and can say with confidence that he is among the top. His secretary was also very friendly and always sent me reminders about my appointments. Thank you all for your attention

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Dr. Flax removed my prostate more than five years ago. The procedure went well, there has been no recurrence. Yes, I still have some incontinence... which I was warned about. I was just glancing at his ratings and can't imagine they refer to the doctor I know. His right hand lady has always been great! My visits are friendly and relaxed. I like and trust this man.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Dr. Flax is a knowledgeable doctor but that's not enough! He definitly has attitude problem and his secretery is extremely rude!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015