Ratings for Dr. J. Peter Giannoccaro

I am a senior referred for cardiology assessment at Total Cardiology where I saw Dr. Giannoccaro with concerns regarding an echocardiogram . I was very impressed with his personal manner and careful, detailed review of my medical and personal history. He explained my heart issues thoroughly including drawing a picture for illustration. I appreciated the time he took to explain treatment options answering questions from myself and my son. We were both impressed with Dr. Giannoccaro's professional knowledge and his very pleasant personal approach. Very impressive.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

I left seeing this doctor feeling very deflated. About 10 years previous, I had been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation . The symptoms were getting worse and lasting longer and I was referred to this 'doctor'. He basically made me feel like I was wasting his time; sighing at my answers, not really listening to my responses - and at the end of the consultation, he abruptly tells me he doubts I have atrial fibrillation, my heart is normal and because I'm so young (43), do not need to seek further medical assistance. As one other reviewer wrote, I pray when a medical emergency does occur, that he is not the ER cardiologist on call.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

That s is the most arrogant Doctor that I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He down played my condition and was more interested in getting me on statin drugs rather then giving me options. This is after I went for stress tests, scans etc., Etc. Not happy with the visit.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I wouldn't send a stray dog to this arrogant self-righteous "so called" doctor! I agree with another review on here that this "doctor" had better places to be or maybe do. He was arrogant to all of my family and husband who was with me during my app. Ya like I want to be feeling like s&%t! What a bone head! Give me a break! Any doctor that thinks anyone wants to be wasting their time going to these jerk doctors time after time while wasting their life feeling like s$&t is a real loser. Go back to school Peter and learn what emphathy and bed side manner is! Oh and get a personality!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Referred to Dr Giannoccaro after being seen in the emergency room for chest pains. Firstly I was very impressed with the helpfulness and how friendly the staff were, both the front desk/ reception and the nurse who did my prelim tests. Arrived early and was seen right away. Dr Gianoccaro was friendly and very knowledgeable when treating me. Asked many questions in reviewing my medical history and symptoms and readily shared his opinion and possible diagnosis. Referred me for more extensive cardio tests the following week. One of the best doctors and and staff I have seen.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

My cardiologist is retiring so I was referred to Dr. Giannoccaro. During my first meeting he did appear distant but we were going over my history and meeting for the first time. He scheduled a stress test, reviewed my history again and it he was very nice. His staff are amazing, efficient and very helpful.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

This doctor was arrogant and rude. He did not review my medical history and asked very few questions of me. He dismissed my symptoms and simply wanted to get rid of me. I suppose he had better things to do. Physicians like him should stick to research and leave the Patient contact to those in the profession who actually care about people. I hope I don't get on his rotation if I ever get admitted to emergency. There are lots of wonderful cardiologists in Calgary - he just isn't one of them.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

A very intelligent and caring Doctor. Have been seeing him for 20 years and have always felt respected and looked after.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I listened to this man talk very downly to elderly patients while in the emergency at the PLC. I was grateful that he was a cardiologist and that I didn't need his services. His ego has gone to his head.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

Have been seeing Doctor G for the past 12 years, and he has always been encouraging, and supportive of my heart condition. A great Doctor and a great guy!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009