Ratings for Dr. J. Peter Giannoccaro

I wouldn't send a stray dog to this arrogant self-righteous "so called" doctor! I agree with another review on here that this "doctor" had better places to be or maybe do. He was arrogant to all of my family and husband who was with me during my app. Ya like I want to be feeling like s&%t! What a bone head! Give me a break! Any doctor that thinks anyone wants to be wasting their time going to these jerk doctors time after time while wasting their life feeling like s$&t is a real loser. Go back to school Peter and learn what emphathy and bed side manner is! Oh and get a personality!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Referred to Dr Giannoccaro after being seen in the emergency room for chest pains. Firstly I was very impressed with the helpfulness and how friendly the staff were, both the front desk/ reception and the nurse who did my prelim tests. Arrived early and was seen right away. Dr Gianoccaro was friendly and very knowledgeable when treating me. Asked many questions in reviewing my medical history and symptoms and readily shared his opinion and possible diagnosis. Referred me for more extensive cardio tests the following week. One of the best doctors and and staff I have seen.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

My cardiologist is retiring so I was referred to Dr. Giannoccaro. During my first meeting he did appear distant but we were going over my history and meeting for the first time. He scheduled a stress test, reviewed my history again and it he was very nice. His staff are amazing, efficient and very helpful.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

This doctor was arrogant and rude. He did not review my medical history and asked very few questions of me. He dismissed my symptoms and simply wanted to get rid of me. I suppose he had better things to do. Physicians like him should stick to research and leave the Patient contact to those in the profession who actually care about people. I hope I don't get on his rotation if I ever get admitted to emergency. There are lots of wonderful cardiologists in Calgary - he just isn't one of them.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

A very intelligent and caring Doctor. Have been seeing him for 20 years and have always felt respected and looked after.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I listened to this man talk very downly to elderly patients while in the emergency at the PLC. I was grateful that he was a cardiologist and that I didn't need his services. His ego has gone to his head.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

Have been seeing Doctor G for the past 12 years, and he has always been encouraging, and supportive of my heart condition. A great Doctor and a great guy!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Wow! I was very impressed with this doctor and all his staff members. Dr. Giannoccaro is a great doctor and anyone being referred to him is in great hands. I really enjoy his receptionist at the front desk. Great lady and quick at returning your phone calls. Dr. Giannoccaro hold on to her, she does one hell of a job.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2007

I was at Emergency twice in one week for irregular heart rhythm and got Dr. Peter the second time. The first time the cardiologist on call booked me for extensive testing five weeks later. Dr. Peter first assured me that he would take great care of me and then booked me for tests in his clinic the next day. My two adult children were at my bedside and Dr. Peter talked with them and made them feel really comfortable with what was happening to me and what he was going to do about it. My son said "there's a guy who makes you believe everything he says". Fabulous doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2007