Ratings for Dr. Homayoun A. Hashemi

I was an elite high school runner after having to do minimal training for my leg symptoms. He dismissed me within the first 5 or so minutes because I was "too young" to have any vascular problems in my legs. After describing my bilateral leg discomfort that included tingling, pins & needles, burning legs and feet, cold/numb feet as well, throbbing, cramping, etc., he told me it wasn't a vascular issue. He told me he would order a sonogram/ultrasound if I wanted one, but that he was 99% sure nothing would show up, so I ended up not getting further vascular testing. After 5 months , I finally had a leg MRI & MRA and an angiography. I was finally diagnosed with Popliteal Artery Entrapment Syndrome. It's an uncommon vascular disease, but more common in athletic young people. I would think most vascular doctors would know about this syndrome, but he dismissed me very briefly after telling him my story. He didn't mention PAES at all. Overall, I would not recommend him for young adults, because he lacks knowledge in the broader spectrum in vascular diseases.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Dr. Homayoun A. Hashemi's Credentials

• Farsi

• Ross Univ, Sch Of Med & Vet Med, Roseau, Dominica (Grad. 1986)

Coresource