Ratings for Dr. Hazem Elariny

Definitely an arrogant man that has no respect for his patients. There are many more professional, kind, and competent surgeons in the area. Stay clear of this man, who is an egotistical legend in his own mind. The other negative reviews here are spot-on.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

RUDE. INCOMPETENT. COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL. The ONLY reason I gave Dr. Elariny one star is because zero is not an option. I recently found out that I’m pregnant. Seeing as I had my Gastric Bypass over three years ago in Mississippi, I had to find another doctor who could see me throughout my pregnancy. I didn’t know which vitamins to continue taking since I have now been prescribed prenatal vitamins as well. I am also anemic. So the entire purpose of this visit was to get blood work done and to find out what combination of vitamins I need to take over the next 9 months. My appointment was scheduled for 11:30. I wasn’t called back to get my weight and blood pressure checked until 1:30. Only after waiting a total of 2 ½ hours to be seen by the doctor (another 30 minutes was spent waiting in his office) did he grace us with his presence. When scheduling my appointment, I specifically told the man (Curtis) that “I did not have my surgery done at this clinic, I’m pregnant, and I need to know what combination of vitamins to take at this point.” Long story short, Dr. Elariny comes in and I begin to explain my situation. Not even 1 minute after I begin speaking, his phone has gone off twice. He proceeds to take another patient’s call in front of me (which wasn’t an emergency) as if I hadn’t already been kept waiting long enough. Keep in mind that at this point the conversation he is having with another patient is longer than the one he finally had with me. He gets off of the phone and says he needs to speak with Curtis and will be back shortly. Dr. Elariny comes back and tells me they typically don’t see patients if they didn’t do their surgery. And that there must have been a misunderstanding on the phone when I made the appointment. At this point I’m seeing red and trying not to snap on this “doctor.” I told Dr. Elariny that “there is no possible way Curtis could have misunderstood a single thing I told him because everything I just told you is what I told him.” As he continues telling me that there’s nothing he can do, I’m getting more and more upset and it was clearly visible. He then gets an attitude and tells me “alright, I’m trying to communicate with you but you won’t even look me in the eye.” And then opens the door and silently invites me out of the office. Never in my life have I dealt with such a rude, unprofessional excuse of a doctor. Save yourself a lot of time, energy, and patience and choose a different office.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I had the duodenal switch in 2004 with Dr. Elariny. It is now 2014 and I am doing just great! I recommend the surgery and Dr. Elariny to everyone. If you follow instructions after surgery you will live a relatively healthy life. The WLS is the best thing I could have done for myself and my family.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

My surgery was covered by my insurance company, GEHA (only after much persistence by the Drs staff), but I had co-pays, uncovered charges and deductibles. I had a distal RNY with sleeve gastrectemy Nov 2004. Within several months I had lost most of the 100 lbs that I have now kept off for five years without any complications or need to diet. I must take many special vitamins a day, but enjoy better health at 63 than I ever did, even in my 20's. A recent nuclear stress test shows that my arteries (some of which were 70% blocked before the operation) are now significantly less blocked! I was on 3 hypertension meds before surgery, I am no longer on any. My only disappointment is that a large amount of skin (what's left of the now-gone 100 pounds) forms an apron-like flap from my waist to genitalia, under neck "turkey goble" and under arm "flaps". (All three can be corrected with surgery which is NOT covered by my insurance company GEHA.)

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Dr. Elariny is THE best in bariatric surgery. He was very knowledgeable in his field and very experienced.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009

Dr. Hazem Elariny's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 71130 (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal