Ratings for Dr. Frederick Langner

My mother does not have insurance and was admitted to the ER for a inflamed gallbladder. Was told it was the surgeons choice to remove or not. Dr langner came in and was very compassionate to my mother. He removed the gallbladder in 45 minutes and now my whole family is relieved she's not in pain anymore.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Because of ab pn and a CAT scan Langner interpreted as an enlarged appendix, my husband was given an appt w/Langner. Langner was unable to make the appt because he had emergency surgery at the hospital, so he told my husband (by way of his staff) to come to the ER and he would see him there. He never showed. Apparently he turned my husband's care over to the ER staff, who performed a CAT scan (2nd in 2 days) which showed no problem w/his appendix and sent us a bill for $8000, when we could have simply been out a $40 office visit. We contacted his office-langner said sorry, do you want another appt?

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Staff short, unfriendly, not at all pleasant, obnoxious attitude toward patients. Surgeon seemed arrogant and rushed,I was advised to have "laproscopic" procedure to insure better results even though more pain involved than traditional surgery. There was incredible pain and problem (hernia) was not fixed. I became aware within 2 months of surgery that hernia was still there. I did not report this to him since I will not have a future surgery to repair it.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

Dr. Frederick Langner's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1985)

• BCBS Massachusetts