Ratings for Dr. Mitchell Winemaker

I just did a review and forgot to mention that I need a new hip and Dr. Winemaker is my number 1 choice. May 24 2016. I'll let you know how I make out.😃

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I had a knee revision. 2nd time replacement. Could not believe Hou awesome second time was. First one done in U. S. A. I now need other knee and would not want anyone else to do them Dr. Winemaker and his team are the very best.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

An amazing surgeon... fully explains options and procedures without rushing you. Knee replacement three plus years ago with no problems and excellent post operative care.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

knee replacement with no complications at all, Dr Winemaker fully explained every bit of the process regarding the options for my knee. He was also the only surgeon who personally came to the OR waiting room to talk to my daughter.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

My husband just had knee replacement surgery on June 16, 2015. As promised, the doctor called me after the operation with uplifting news of the successful completion of the knee joint. He kindly followed up with various medications as our family doctor was unavailable. His receptionist was excellent with a very caring attitude and demeanor. Overall, we were very pleased with the doctor's expertise and care.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I now have had my left hip, 2007' and both knees (2013 and 2014) replaced by Dr. Winemaker. To me he seems to be the kind of doctor who takes great pride in what he is capable of, but does not really have the time for those that are all talk and don't want to do the painful work after the surgery. Too many times I have sat in the waiting room listening to people complain how it hasn't changed anything. I ask them if they are doing the physio and am often told no. "It hurts." of course it's going to hurt, but once you get past that the freedom is unbelievable. I can walk almost anywhere now, and find that going down stairs frontwards and being able to go up and down hills (impossible before) so freeing now.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Total waste of time seeing this Dr. In May 2013, his "advanced Physio" gave me a diagnosis and he concurred. This was a very controversial diagnosis according to the other 3 Dr's I would see while waiting to go back to him. Went back with an MRI of my hip (ordered by GP) 3 mo later and his physio gave a new diagnosis, he again concurred. I asked him if he looked at the MRI and he stated "I don't really look at those". I asked him why he changed the diag and he couldn't give me an explanation and suggested an MRI of my back. 3 mo's for the MRI, which showed 3 slipped discs and serious spinal stenosis. He missed all of this. Went back for followup, having absolutely no faith in him. After waiting in the waiting room for 2 and 1/2 hours!!!! Nurse said I that would still be 45 minutes to get in and at least a half hour with him. That was it, I walked out and will send him the $17 parking bill. This Dr is an idiot and rely's on his staff for diagnosis. Save your time and see someone else.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Doc was very pleasant and efficient during initial consult. He studied the x-rays and MRI of my knee and explained his diagnosis and treatment plan in language I could understand. The surgery went off without a hitch, recovery time and physio too. No fuss, no complications. Follow up visits likewise were thorough and efficient. All in all a very good result with minimum inconvenience. He put me at ease through the entire process. I was, and still am, completely confident in Dr Winemaker's expertise in his field and skill as a surgeon. I would recommend him to anybody needing orthopedic care.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Dr. Winemaker gave me my life back. He replaced both my knees at 50 years old in June '10. I've been walking everywhere ever since. He's friendly, approachable, talented, amazing.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

When to him for arthritis in both knees. Looked at xrays for 1 min told me nothing he can do, Didn't ofter any other help for the pain or stiffness. Asked questions from a form and wouldn't listen to anything I said other than the answer he wanted. Appointment lasted about 10 min. No bedside manner at all.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Dr. Mitchell Winemaker's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1991)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just did a review and forgot to mention that I need a new hip and Dr. Winemaker is my number 1 choice. May 24 2016. I'll let you know how I mak..."

May 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a knee revision. 2nd time replacement. Could not believe Hou awesome second time was. First one done in U. S. A. I now need other knee and would not want ..."

May 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "An amazing surgeon... fully explains options and procedures without rushing you. Knee replacement three plus years ago with no problems and excellent post ope..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "knee replacement with no complications at all, Dr Winemaker fully explained every bit of the process regarding the options for my knee. He was also the only sur..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband just had knee replacement surgery on June 16, 2015. As promised, the doctor called me after the operation with uplifting news of the successful compl..."

June 27, 2015