Ratings for Dr. Judith K. Volkar

She was very nice. Realistic and very knowledgeable! I never saw an attitude problem. She is direct and makes sure you understand. Great Doc.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I have found her to be quite knowledgeable and caring. For these reasons, I drive six hours in order to have her as my physician.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

I felt that Dr. Volkar was efficient and very knowledgable regarding whole health as related to my gyn issue. She was able to efficiently define the connections between other health issues I was having, give sound advice as to what to do and not do (which in this case was very important since it ruled out surgery that other Dr. was advising) and was very willing to spent time getting to the bottom of the answer (which she did very quickly and effectively). Others might find her quick and cold, but I find her to be efficient, very knowledgable and gets to the best answers very quickly.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

I thought Dr. Volkar was just great. I had my first appointment with her recently and was a bit apprehensive at first, as most of the ratings online establish her as being cold and insensitive. This was not the case at all! She was extremely helpful, answering all of my questions and calming my nerves before my procedure. She talked to me the entire time she was working, explaining step by step what was going on. She was quite funny, too, which helped to make a not-so-fun visit just a little bit easier. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Dr. Volkar to a friend, and I will certainly be going back to her in the future.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

She was wonderful at her job. Yes we didn't talk for hours, in fact thats what I loved about her. She did her job and was efficient. I feel like the other women negatively commenting are...well, older, and just lonely looking more for conversation then a good doctor. She was a wonderful doctor and I miss her. Had to change doctors only cause she moved :(

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

I found Dr Volkar to be ina big hurry and unwilling to answer questions. She didn't try to hide her impatience when I asked her a question during during an annual exam. I too felt like I was being processed more than I was a patient seeing a doctor. She has a terrible bedside manner bordering on rudeness. I changed doctors and am much happier with my current physician.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

My first visit was great -especially being nervous. Dr. V was pleasant to talk to and made me feel comfortable about what was going on. Visits thereafter were quick, which is nice, but I found her to be cold and indifferent to talking with me about BC and any other issues. I felt like I couldn't ask questions because of that. The staff was pleasant and they were able to answer some questions, however, it was as if I was being rushed out of the exam room at that point. I've recently moved, however, I planned on changing doctors after my third visit anyway. Personally, I value bedside manner a great deal, and it when it comes to my health, I don't want to feel uncomfortable about talking with my doctor.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2007

Dr. Volkar was great. I was in and out of my appointment and back at work in 20 minutes. I don't think she was cold, just efficient and to the point. I mean, who wants to make their yearly gyno appointmant any longer than it has to be?

flag | Submitted June 4, 2007

flag | Submitted August 19, 2005

Dr. Volkar may be a decent Dr, but her bedside manner is awful. During the time I saw her, she was always late coming into the exam room, was careful to never start a conversation that might lead to talking about anything for any amount of time, was cold hearted and made me feel as if I was a number to be processed rather than a patient who valued and needed her advise. When I asked her advise about a few BC options I had chosen, she told me - rather snappily and abruptly - to get on the internet and educate myself and make my own decision. I had already done that and was, with repect and regard, asking her professional opinion, but it was clear to me that she was avoiding giving me a straight answer-perhaps to avoid liabitity? This happened at not 1, not 2 but 3 appointments in 9 months time and after the 3rd appointment, I changed Drs. Too bad, as the staff there was really great and it was very convieniant to my home.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2005

Dr. Judith K. Volkar's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Pa, Philadelphia Pa 19129 (Grad. 1983)

GHI