Ratings for Dr. Rupinder Mangat

Definitely would not recommend this clinic to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I saw this doctor some years back. She was rude and patronising. She seemed to be more concerned about getting me out of her office so she could see the next patient. Appeared more of a businesswoman than a doctor. Not to be recommended

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

she didn't seem to care about any of my symptoms. I wouldn't see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

I saw this doctor through the IUD clinic. She was OK as a doctor - but they heard you through the clinic like cattle - it is really frustrating and she was so late with my last appointment I had to wait for over an hour. If anyone ever wonders why private medical care is coming - I think of how medical professionals fail to respect our privacy or time - and realize that those with the means will absolutely look to other avenues for their care.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

I was her patient at the Signal Hill Medical Centre. In June 2007 I went and told her of my rapid weight loss, feeling full after just eating a little, and mainly having a bloated belly. She felt my belly and said there was nothing there and it was probably gas, and told me to take a laxative. I told her I was not constipated, but she never explained why I should take a laxative. I left the clinic with no answers. A month later when my belly was still bloated. I went back and was seen by a different doctor and told her of my symptoms. She examined me internally and sent me for an ultrasound; within 2 days of my visit to the clinic I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer stage 4. Had I relied on Dr. Mangat's diagnosis I would have died within a short time. The irony is that today Dr.Mangat runs a clinic in NE Calgary devoted to Immigrant Women's Healthcare, I wonder how many others have been misdiagnosed by this seemingly qualified, experienced and caring doctor!!! YOU BE THE JUDGE!!!!

Submitted July 27, 2013

As my family doctor, she is very difficult to see - instead I see numberous substitutes for her and that makes for inconsistent care.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2008

I am not going to continue with this doctor. I found her rude and disrespectful once she found out that I also see a naturopath doctor. I believe in a holistic approach to health, and seeking second opinions if need be. I felt that I was being chastised for taking part in my health decisions.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

Dr Mangat is very thorough and knowledgeable about any issue that I have raised with her. We are very happy with her as a family doctor

flag | Submitted July 3, 2007

Dr. Mangat has been my doctor for more than 10 years. Without her my inital cancer would have been undetected until it was too late. Throughout two very major surgeries and a badly crused leg she has always provided excellent care and certaily made quick arrangements to refer me to specialists. Rupinder is warm, compassionate, cheerful and very well educated. I have never had problems getting appointments with her and am always feel comforted when leaving her office. Finally, kudos to her staff!!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2007

Once upon a time Dr. Mangat cared. That no longer appears to be the case. I find her judgemental, tired, distant and disinterested. I have tried to switch to another doctor within the clinic but nobody is accepting patients.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007