Ratings for Dr. Kathleen Moquin

I've been a patient of Dr. Moquin's for a few years now. I waited to post this review because I want to be able to give a fair and accurate opinion of my experience with Dr. Moquin. I've seen Dr. Moquin on several occasions as I live with chronic conditions. I do not find Dr. Moquin to be very helpful at all. She does not validate my concerns or investigate any of my symptoms (She is very quick to blame symptoms on anxiety without investigation) I've had to push for blood-work (she finally did the bare minimum of tests) She also prescribed me medication that would have dangerously interacted with my other medication. Thankfully, the interaction was caught by the Pharmacist when I inquired about it. I feel that Dr. Moquin is quick to dismiss concerns and lacks a genuine and caring bedside manner. In an effort to end this review on a positive note, Dr. Moquin is willing to refer, which has been somewhat helpful.

Submitted March 10, 2017

Its so weird seeing comments about her being rude? unhelpful? i didnt even know she was religious? and shes actually the one who help me understand an IUD and said it was up to me if i wanted it or not. (She has helped me with a lot more than just birth control by the way and has been helping me since January.) She never judged me, she was always thorough, really nice, patient, i dont understand? are we talking about the same doctor?

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Tried to get birth control prescription, and she shamed me for asking about an IUD and said causes abortions (which is scientifically inaccurate) and she wouldn't give me one because it's against her religious beliefs. Perhaps she should be in a different profession if her deity of choice keeps her from doing her job? I recommend Dr. Cook, if you want an IUD. He was very attentive and didn't judge or make me feel bad for wanting reliable birth control!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

very rude not helpful at all refused to treat me for anything or run tests. have changed doctors

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

I went in to see her about getting a diaphragm as a birth control option, as I react badly to hormones. She was snarky and implied I was too stupid and irresponsible to use this method of birth control properly. Did not suggest alternatives, and was huffy when I insisted that yes, this was the method I wanted to use. Rude. Moved out of town and found a new MD, thank god!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

i was in emerg at the parry sound hospital and had my only interaction with this dr. she was extremely rude to me about what i knew was wrong with me.. and told me i was wrong about an infection that i had..( i had had the same infection regularly since i was a kid) she refused to start antibiotics on me until 4 hours later when they finally brought back my lab results which proved i was right. i always check who is working as doctor before going into emerg and walk out if it is her, i found her very rude, arrogant, and not knowledgable at all in her practive. my friend is also a patient of hers and receives no help at all from this dr and gets told constantly there is nothing wrong with her. she gets more help going to emerg to another dr then from her

flag | Submitted February 26, 2012

She has been my doctor for quite some time. It took awhile to warm up to her but eventually I did. She always seems to know what she is talking about and actually takes the time to talk to you. She's not rushing out of the room like other doctors tend to do.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

i went to emergency to have a lonestar tick removed. she did everything exactly wrong. information on the web said do not put anything on it. She put vaseline on it to "suffocate it"and it would back out for air she said. I said, ït's got his head buried in my skin, in what way will vaseline on its ass suffocate it. She pulled it out with tweezers and as you might guess it got infected. i was lucky not to get rickets.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Dr. Kathleen Moquin has been my doctor for 18 years now...WOW, 18 years..time flies. She has been amazing. Two pregnancies and several tests etc...she is our children's doctor too and is awesome. Had complications during the labour/delivery of our second child and she was very thorough, consulting other doctors and surgeons. She generally doesn't take the "wait and see" approach if something is obviously wrong. She's the best.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

I found Dr.Moquin to be very helpful,honest. Dr. Moquin has been with me over 2.5 yrs and has always listened to me and my concerns. She is a great Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009