Ratings for Dr. Mary Kate Gazendam

Makes you wait far too long and too often, which is odd because you can hear them all giggle and talk about thier lives while you wait, so you know she's in the house and then she rushes you out the door to make up for lost time. Sue is really excellent but the temp seems confused and slow. I hope Gazendam improves her skills because she had me go in to see her and then asked what i wanted. Huh?

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Excellent service! Was in and out in less then an hour. She was super friendly and extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Gazendam is a great doctor! The whole team there is wonderful. Especially the Nurse Practitioner. She always makes time to listen to your problems and deals with them accordingly. You never feel rushed in any office at Amherstview Medical Centre. The lab workers are good too. Dr. G has been my doctor for years and I hope she never retires! Her receptionist is also awesome! Sue always gets you in for appointments in a timely manner. Very friendly office.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Never ever on time. Can often hear her chatting non work with staff while you wait for her

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dr Gazendam is a wonderful Dr. and very genuine in her concern for your overall health. She spends time with you and never rushes you out if she is running behind. I have been seeing her for many years as do my kids and I wouldn't want it any other way. There truly be more physicians out there that show such genuine care and compassion that she shows.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I was in awe of the attention Dr. Gazendam gave me when I came in on short notice concerned about my health due to a period of extremely high stress. Dr. Gazendam sat with me and spent the time to get the whole story. She then offered some suggestions on strategies going forward. She gave me everything I need to go forward. To see an MD spend this much time with a patient is a rare thing in this day and age.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr. Gazendam is an adequate GP. She is overeager to prescribe antibiotics, but gives you too few (she prescribed me half the standard course for an infection, and of course it didn't go away, so she prescribed me the same half-course again. And again, it didn't go away.) Also, her assistant is nice, but she managed to mis-measure my height. (I could see that the bar was on an angle and she reported my height as two inches less than it is!) Often, I find that I have to go to a clinic or other doctor to get re-examined or re-treated, because Mary Kate is really only adequate for things like sniffles and sicknotes.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Very efficient business!! Receptionist very personable and helpful. regarding what is I think ment to be the Nurse practitioner..good gum chewer.......may find it useful to look at the patient vs her laptop........and also maybe helpful to actually actively listen to the client vs reel off a list of questions from the laptop screen .....unfortunately, total waste of time and precious OHIP $$. Dr good.. NP a concern.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

This Dr. is the very best Dr anyone could ask for. You immediately trust her judgement and she is so cautious and non alarming. Our household has had several medical concerns and she has been so careful and quick to refer on and is a great Dr to teach and set aside anxieties. Very very pleasant and respected in hospital urgent care...everyone seems to know her and postive about expressing this. We would be very sad if ever we had to lose this fine physician. As a RN of over 40 years and working with many many physicians, she is number one in all of our books. Bravo Dr Gasendam

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Dr. Gazendam is a wonderful physician and a great person. I am so happy she is caring for my family.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013