You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Mary Kate Gazendam

Dr. Gazendam is a great doctor! The whole team there is wonderful. Especially the Nurse Practitioner. She always makes time to listen to your problems and deals with them accordingly. You never feel rushed in any office at Amherstview Medical Centre. The lab workers are good too. Dr. G has been my doctor for years and I hope she never retires! Her receptionist is also awesome! Sue always gets you in for appointments in a timely manner. Very friendly office.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dr Gazendam is a wonderful Dr. and very genuine in her concern for your overall health. She spends time with you and never rushes you out if she is running behind. I have been seeing her for many years as do my kids and I wouldn't want it any other way. There truly be more physicians out there that show such genuine care and compassion that she shows.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I was in awe of the attention Dr. Gazendam gave me when I came in on short notice concerned about my health due to a period of extremely high stress. Dr. Gazendam sat with me and spent the time to get the whole story. She then offered some suggestions on strategies going forward. She gave me everything I need to go forward. To see an MD spend this much time with a patient is a rare thing in this day and age.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr. Gazendam is an adequate GP. She is overeager to prescribe antibiotics, but gives you too few (she prescribed me half the standard course for an infection, and of course it didn't go away, so she prescribed me the same half-course again. And again, it didn't go away.) Also, her assistant is nice, but she managed to mis-measure my height. (I could see that the bar was on an angle and she reported my height as two inches less than it is!) Often, I find that I have to go to a clinic or other doctor to get re-examined or re-treated, because Mary Kate is really only adequate for things like sniffles and sicknotes.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Very efficient business!! Receptionist very personable and helpful. regarding what is I think ment to be the Nurse practitioner..good gum chewer.......may find it useful to look at the patient vs her laptop........and also maybe helpful to actually actively listen to the client vs reel off a list of questions from the laptop screen .....unfortunately, total waste of time and precious OHIP $$. Dr good.. NP a concern.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

This Dr. is the very best Dr anyone could ask for. You immediately trust her judgement and she is so cautious and non alarming. Our household has had several medical concerns and she has been so careful and quick to refer on and is a great Dr to teach and set aside anxieties. Very very pleasant and respected in hospital urgent care...everyone seems to know her and postive about expressing this. We would be very sad if ever we had to lose this fine physician. As a RN of over 40 years and working with many many physicians, she is number one in all of our books. Bravo Dr Gasendam

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Dr. Gazendam is a wonderful physician and a great person. I am so happy she is caring for my family.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Dr Gazendam and Sue are great...even if she can't fit you in you are able to see the nurse practitioner who is also wonderful! Overall a great practice and accomodating to all

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Dr. Mary Kate is the perfect GP. She asks the right questions, refers when necessary and is very personable. Unassuming, she is open to communication and that seems a rare quality among medical professionals. When visiting her, she is actually there -- as in, she is someone who listens. That's no small thing. When you listen, you understand. ... She does.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Dr. Mary Kate Gazendam's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gazendam is a great doctor! The whole team there is wonderful. Especially the Nurse Practitioner. She always makes time to listen to your problems and dea..."

December 30, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Never ever on time. Can often hear her chatting non work with staff while you wait for her "

December 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gazendam is a wonderful Dr. and very genuine in her concern for your overall health. She spends time with you and never rushes you out if she is running behi..."

December 10, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "K7K0" to "K7N 1S3". Address has been updated from "None" to "18 Manitou Crescent West". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16136349898".

June 3, 2015