Ratings for Dr. Jose J. Diaz

Dr. Diaz is the best Trauma surgeon in the area and certainly among the very top in the country. After a very serious wreck where I was a passenger in an airport shuttle that hit a stationary fully-loaded snow plow at 65 MPH outside of Denver, CO, he put me back together. The injury involved tearing of a small bowel/colon anastomosis from a previous surgery and laceration of the first branch of the superior mesenteric artery. I was airlifted to a Level 1 trauma center in Denver, CO where I remained in their critical care unit for 6 six before being stable enough to return to my home of Nashville, TN via air ambulance (Lear 35A) and placed in the trauma unit at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. After four weeks there I was sent home with an open abdomen waiting 8 months for the compartment syndrome to ease while managing an enterocutaneous fistula so Dr. Diaz could take down the fistula, complete the resection and close me. His care during the 8 month period and after was ****

flag | Submitted February 21, 2010

Dr. Jose J. Diaz's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1992)

Geha