Ratings for Dr. Henry S. Nelson

Dr. Nelson removed a stomach tumor in 2009. He was an excellent surgeon. He came to my hospital room on Sunday to check on me. Great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr. Nelson performed my gallbladder surgery at UT Hospital. He and all his staff that assisted at the hospital were wonderful. Dr. Nelson is very helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and has a great bedside manner and sense of humor. The surgery went excellent with no complications. His nurse, however, at his office is a different story. Both on a pre-op visit and during a post-op phone call he was rude, very unfriendly, short, and not at all helpful. Basically, he blew me and my post-op concerns off without even fully listening to my question. He really gave me that "the surgery is over and I don't care" attitude. This was a definite negative to an otherwise positive experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Nelson, but be prepared for a less than favorable experience with his office nurse.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

I had gall bladder induced pancreatitis and spent 5 days at UT Hospital. The hospital nursing staff was wonderful, and Dr. Nelson was so kind, caring and competent. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

His nurse said that she had scheduled me for a surgery and never took any information. I tried calling her several times only to leave voicemails which were NEVER returned. The day of the surgery came and I was not on the schedule. The doctor himself is fine but his nurse is just incompetent.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2009

Dr. Henry S. Nelson's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)