Ratings for Dr. Stuart Egier

Dr. Egier has been my doc for 40 years... and my fathers. He has always been responsive and connected my family to the rights specialists when required. I could not be more satisfied, and am a little concerned he may retire one day.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I agree with the bad reviews. Saw him 6 times and decided I didn't have to deal with his crappy attitude. He doesn't even say hello, just storms into the room you've been waiting in for 30 min and asks what's wrong, and gets short if you don't explain things quickly and in medical terms. Very little explanation and certainly no time for questions as he makes sure to make you feel really rushed. The last time I saw him, I remember him rolling his eyes and acting really impatient when I asked a question just as he was getting up to leave. Then running out of the room shouting "You'll get a call" from the hallway. Looks like he's checked out and doesn't care anymore.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Terrible service. I had booked an appointment months in advance. I received no calls to when my appointment was to be scheduled. I called ahead to find out when my appointment was, a co-worker was taking leave for weeks. My appointment to which I could not make was cancelled and a bill was sent to my house. I ended up with this physician because my previous physician decided to take long term leave. I basically cannot say anything good/useful about this man, other than what has been said below. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

When I scroll down the page and see so many 5 star reviews it makes me think...darn I wish I'd have seen that doctor. I haven't though, despite being his patient for just over 20 years. I was referred to him by my pediatrician as he "was very thorough". First off he is always running late. Expect to wait at least 1/2 an hour from your appointment time. Now I understand that in medicine there are sometimes emergencies...but I wait every single time I'm there. His bedside manner is terrible. I'm sorry there is just no other way of putting it. He is rude and condescending to an incredible extent. Don't even bother asking for a referral unless you want a list of why you don't need one. When he told me that I needed to see an eye specialist, it took his office almost a year to even get back to me with an appointment date. When they finally did it was 8 months down the road and not with the doctor I asked for and have history with. Customer service simply does not exist at his office as the nurses/secretaries or whatever are just as bad. It genuinely seems as though they all have more important things to do than deal with you. My favourite was when he gave me a hard time because the appointment I booked was not long enough for what I wanted. Funny thing is the receptionist asks what you want when you call so I just took the only appointment I was offered. In summary: 1.) terrible bedside manner 2.) appointments are distant in the future and his staff WILL NOT call to remind you no matter how far in the future the appt was booked. 3.) you will 100% be charged if you miss an appointment 4.) don't even bother asking for a referral to a specialist as you will only get one if he suggests it 5.) his communication is vague and curt 6.) he does not have the patience to hear you out 7.) he will diagnose you and prescribe drugs without fully explaining to the patient what's going on. 8.) he does not have time for questions. I really really wish that I had received a 5 star experience but alas I have NOT. In actual fact the only reason he gets a '1' is because there is no zero. After 20 years I've finally had enough and it's time to move on.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Have seen Dr. Egier since 2008. He has a lot of patience and is open to suggestions in regards to referrals. So far, excellent service!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr egier is very knowledgeable and thorough. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr. Egier is RUDE and doesn't care about his patients.He is terrible.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Dr. Egier is by far the best doctor i have had. He is extremely knowledgeable and knows when to prescribe and when not too. He has a quiet respectful bedside manner and cares very much. A privilege to have him as my family doctor

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Have been a patient for about 15yrs.He has bad beside manner and very rude when questioned about being referred to sepecialist( which is not on his list) to seek better treatment and advice.I agree that his treatment is alway a prescription drug band aid.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Egier has been our family physician for 34 years now. He is fed up with patients telling the office that their problem is an emergency and then coming in to see him during his lunch hour only to explain that they've had this problem for months. Who wouldn't be fed up. We have gone in many times for one problem on a Monday morning and he is swamped and have asked about a second problem eg. a chest infection has come up out of the blue and he treats us for everything. OHIP only covers a physician /patient visit and anything excessive should be done as a consult (which he is superb at with incredible communication skills) and /or follow up appointments. In 34 years our entire family has gone through so much and I would prefer no one else as our family physician to guide us through our lives. He is caring, thorough, does a lot of health care teaching and like I said a fantastic listener. He always gives choices to you as to how to approach a health problem; letting you make the final choice. What he does expect is compliance. Is that too much to ask. The characters that he puts up with on a daily basis blows my mind and yes if he does come off as frustrated sometimes it is usually because he is dealing with non-compliant patients. Believe me, you want this man as your doctor. Compassion IS is middle name.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015