Ratings for Dr. Karen MacDonald

I've had several appointments with Dr MacDonald and she was always extremely caring and competent and communicated in a professional fashion. As the only doctor on staff at the emergency, it wasn't her fault that I had to wait two hours, which isn't actually that bad considering. Her faith is important to her and to have the courage to stand up against the culture of death is extremely important to us who do not believe it ethical to have anything to do with abortion or contraception. She should be congratulated for sticking to her guns in the face of extreme intolerance. She's Catholic, so get over it and let her live her life.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I'm sure she is a very nice person. She doesn't say much and seems like she doesn't listen as intently as my previous doctor. I'm a married woman and new to the town. I went to renew my birth control and have a check up. She refused to renew my pills and told me if I wanted to continue, I would have to see another doctor. I went to AFTER HOURS and got it filled and got a better doctor. The rumour is she is very religious. But I didn't know personal beliefs could enter into practicing. If you reflect these beliefs then she would be the dr. for you. I got a cool one that doesn't judge me.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

This person called "Dr. Karen MacDonald" does not seem to know how to acknowledge someone who may ask a few more questions than what the patient may ask because maybe that patient is not able to think about everything they want to ask at that given moment! So if you see her and you are not the person in need forget about getting an answer, she won't even look at you, not very impresssed! Did not show very much compassion with a person in distress, give some meds and send a person home! They say your only a number these days, yes sir that's all we are!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

I find Dr. MacDonald to have the bed side manner of a slug; she was not chatty, encouraging, or even pleasant to be around.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2010

She was empathetic, professional and gave the best of care. I feel blessed to have had her care for me.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2008

Dr Karen you will find is a very fine person and above all will do her best

flag | Submitted December 7, 2007

flag | Submitted July 30, 2007

TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!!i TOOK MY DAUGHTER IN TO THE EMERGENCY DEPT. WITH SEVERE PAIN IN HER HEAD AND VOMITING, NOT ABLE TO EVEN KEEP DOWN A DRINK OF WATER, WITH A HISTORY OF AN EAR INFECTION FOR THE PAST MONTH, SHE TOLD ME THAT I COULD LOOK FORWARD TO DIAHERRA WITHIN THE NEXT 8 -10 HOURS AND SENT ME BACK HOME. SUPPOSIVLY THERE WAS ALOT OF NORWALK ON THE GO...???SHE DIAGNOSED THE LEFT EAR INSYEAD OF THE ONE THAT WAS BOTHERING HER(THE RIGHT)AND SENT HER HOME WITH AND I.V FOR FLUID INTAKE AND NOTHIING ABOUT THE SEVERE PAIN. SHE WAS ADMITTED BY A REAL DOCTOR THE NEXT MORNING WITH SEVERE MASTOIDITIS, SHE DIED THREE DAYS LATER FROM A BRAIN ABSCESS.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2007