Ratings for Dr. Johan Viljoen

great doctor he has been my doctor for over 20 years

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

I know Dr. Viljoen to be a very compassionate and knowledgeable, helpful Doctor. I recommend him to anyone who needs a great Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Best doctor in medicine hat he has time for each and every patient

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I have been walking into DR Viljoen's office with ringing in my ears he is a great guy very helpful considering how busy his office gets.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

We have been patients of Dr Johann for about 5 or 6 years. He was a caring and compassionate doctor to my late wife who had Alzheimer's and passed away last year. When I had my heart attack three and a half years ago, Dr Johann took me as his patient as well. I had one of the top doctors in Calgary but the hospital made me get a local doctor. I never thought I would do better than my Calgary doctor. I did! I haven't been an easy patient as I have had several health issues but he has always referred me to other top notch professionals if he was not sure of a correct diagnosis. He is 10 out of 10 and listens to me.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

had this Dr for over 20 years always has time to listen to you and if is unsure about something sends you for further checking would not change Dr unless he retires and I told him he cannot retire

flag | Submitted January 26, 2013

I went in to his walk in clinic with concerns about my pregnancy. He seemed unsympathetic and didnt even ask me any questions. He ended up prescribing me a medication and when i left the office saw it was in the wrong name. It was a quick fix but overall he seemed too busy to be very caring or helpful.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

I know from experience, if he doesn't know exactly, he sends you to a specialist immediately. Very concerned Dr. and keeps family informed. Won't trade him in for another Dr.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

He seemed friendly enough for a crazy walk-in day on a Sunday. But I am concerned that he prescribed me antibiotics with out checking if there was actually an infection or not. Overall not my worst or best experience.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

I absolutely love Dr. Viljoen! He doesn't sugar coat anything, he tells you whats what whether you like it or not! I appreciate the fact that he doesn't treat me like an idiot! Some of his staff may leave something to be desired, but I have moved an hour away and still use Dr. Viljoen as my family doctor!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010