Ratings for Dr. Chauncey C. Stokes

Awesome practice. Dr stokes delivered my first child (c section) and made me feel very comfortable considering I had never had any kind of anestisia or surgery. He will also be the one to deliver my second child. He is very knowledgeable and always has a bedside manner that makes you feel comforted and confident in his decisions and choices to handle the care. LOVE HIM will never go to another practice.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Stokes for years. Both him and his staff are so helpful,efficiant and professional. Jessica, his nurse is fantastic. Great OB and would recommend to everyone.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

I switched to this practice when I moved to the area and wanted to get pregnant. Dr Stokes and Jessica his NP were very diligent about helping us make this happen. Once pregnant, he answered all my questions in addition had a very helpful staff help me if he wasn't available. The nurses have even called to check on me days after visits after expressing concerns of not feeling well. They have been very attentive and have gone above and beyond my expectation. I'm happy someone gave me this referral. Also-I have never waited more then a few mins in the waiting room for appointments altho I always make them first thing in the morning.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Dr very knowledgable. One staff member is very short and somewhat rude.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

While I found Dr. Stokes to be somewhat easy to talk to, it is not a practice I can recommend. I had called a few times in regards some very sensitive matters and both times a nurses "advice" was, not only insensitive, but very con-descending. In regards to a separate matter (the same nurse) promised a call back because she needed to consult with the Dr. and I never received a call back. She is a major reason I left the practice. I believe Dr. Stokes is very knowledgable, however, he doesn't always communicate what is really going on, rather he just "medicates" the problem. Often times I really didn't know what I was taking a particular medicine for. I cannot recommend his practice due to the people he has staffed there to help when he isn't available, as well as, since leaving the practice I have gotten some diagnosis for things I was trying to get help with (from him) for the past 3 years. Since discovering these things it has really put a bitter taste in my mouth towards his "care".

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

love my doctor! He and his staff are amazing! When i thought i was going to have to change doctors because insurance was being difficult, they did everything in their power to make sure i stayed with them. These people are invaluable to me.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

I switched to Dr. Stokes' practice after the birth of my first child (c-section), which was an awful experience. Dr. Stokes' office was a welcome change, he is very warm, knowledgeable and I always felt like my concerns and questions were relieved/answered. He did a beautiful job delivering my second child, via VBAC. I highly recommend Dr. Stokes.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

Dr.Stokes is an excellent Doctor. He attended my delivery and did a very good job. I could not have found a better Dr. I recommend him 100%

flag | Submitted December 6, 2009

I highly recommend Dr. Stokes and his practice. Other than one tech who I had difficulty with (she couldn't weigh me or take blood pressure correctly), I've found the entire staff helpful and professional. Dr. Stokes answered all my questions without making me feel silly for asking them and did a wonderful job during my delivery.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Love the practice and love this Dr. He takes the time to go over every concern I have. I feel so comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Dr. Chauncey C. Stokes's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)