Ratings for Dr. Alexander Riddell

Dr.Riddell was fantastic! He literally changed everything for us by putting tubes in my son's ears. His secretary on the other hand....very miserable woman.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

One of the best surgeons in Orangeville! I would recommend him to anyone. He really cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Wow yeah i went on here last week to scope out dr riddell.. decided to call the office and the receptionist IS a complete c*nt.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

The Dr is the BEST I've ever been with. He was very kind, re-assuring and came back to see me in the middle of the night when my nosebleed started again. He even called me a couple of times at home just to see how I was doing! I'm 57 and I've never had a Dr who cared SO much. Thanks Doc !!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Secretary is SO RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL!!! She made the experience so terrible. Dealing with her is awful. She is in the wrong job and a very unhappy woman who doesn't care about how she speaks to a patient. Dr.Riddell needs to get a new secretary. Never experienced someone like this in my life!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

The Secretary is terribly rude and unhelpful. I cancelled my appointment because of her and will go else where. Get a new secretary that actually enjoys working with people!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

My son and I went to see dr riddell and from the second I walked in to see the receptionist I had a problem with her.. She was rude asking us to go into the room. Dr riddell was fantastic, made my son feel comfortable about getting his tonsils out.... But as soon as we leave to get the hospital referral papers and information package the receptionist pretty much threw them at me so I told her she was rude and walked away. Well the time comes for my sons surgery and I get no phone call or anything. Later to realize that was the hospitals fault, so no harm done there.. But when I get into ambulatory and I to the back to literally go in, they tell me there are no beds for my son so they can't do his tonsils. Ok np it's the hospital I understand they get busy.. But when I called dr riddels office back the secretary was incredibly rude because MY SON had to wait another 3 months to get his tonsils out that were the size of golf balls and constantly getting strep throat. I called and no I was not nice to her, she told me I arrived late at the hospital which I did not.. I did what switchboard told me to do, come in a half hour early and I was ere 45 mins early.. So she says that's why they cancelled the appt, I told them what the hospital told me and we got in a huge argument. She is INCREDIBALLY rude, also trying to tell me dr riddell has another secretary just because she didn't want to take the heat of how horrible of a human being she is, let's place the blame on someone else who doesn't exist... Anyways, my son just got his tonsils out once again I didn't get a call from the hospital or his office so I called to make sure all day and no one would answer the phone so finally I just left a message, wasn't rude but was forward to her. She got dr riddell to call me back and he was fantastic, empathetic and kind and he told me all the details I needed, WITH NO SNOTTINESS!!!! But as my son is now at home recovering from his surgery doesn't his secretary feel the need to call me and give me all this additude about the appointment time we have already been to.. We are now home recovering, and you feel the need to call me and argue some more with me.. Trust me I am the wrong mama to mess with.. i would reccomend dr riddell as an ear, nose, throat dr, but I would also reccomend he gets a new secretary because I was ready to call the ministry of health on her she was so freaking rude.. She is nothing but a bitter old woman that needs to learn some bedside manner if this was the career choice she chose then you must have that skill, idiot. Get a new job.. Your amazing dr riddell, keep doing your thing!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

Amazing. 4 of us in family with ear issues. Takes care of all of us.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Dr .Riddell is a fantastic doctor and takes the time to sit with you and answers any questions you have to ask him . He is the type of doctor who has a caring heart and not out there for the money!! My family and I have all gone to him and have had tonsils removed, adenoid surgery, sinus surgery etc, done and never had a problem. If we needed to get back in to see him again he has always been there for us. He may work in Orangeville but also goes to Alliston hospital and works there to make it easy for others. How many doctors do that I would ask. You are a terrific doctor, Dr. D A Riddell.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Although I have heard from other people that he was not highly regarded as a good ENT, I have to say that he was FANTASTIC for me. I had a serious nose bleed problem that took hours to stop and he did surgery to fix it. Unfortunately for me, I fell and broke my nose about 8 months later and again, he was there to do surgery and fix it again. He's so funny and remembered me and made a joke about the fact that I wanted to keep seeing him. He calmed me right down when I was panicky and he's also worked on other family members who loved him. I don't recall the receptionist so that would make it unlikely she was rude or unpleasant to me. He's jolly, calm, funny, and took the time to make me feel safe.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015