Ratings for Dr. Samuel D. Hartford

Dr. Hartford has missed diagnosing some serious medical conditions, ignored obvious ongoing health issues and most often has not spend the time to answer my questions. Only after repeated visits with the same problem did her refer me on. The two specialists I saw were shocked at the lack of care and delay in being referred. Dr. Hartford does not discuss options for care nor is he pro-active care in dealing with health issues. He does have a pleasant personality but I would not recommend going to him if you have a choice. Cindy the receptionist is terrific!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr Hartford took over my previous Dr's practice. It took a bit for me to warm up to him, but he has been an excellent GP. He solved a problem my previous Dr was ignoring, and has been good at referring me to specialists when needed. I consider him to be a very sensible and sensitive man, and I'm pleased he became my GP.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I read those previous comments how Dr Hartford never rushes appointment and how he always follows up.Not my experience.He barely wants to talk to me and most of my appointments with him last about five minutes or less. He does not give me advice does not ask any question beyond what I tell him. Feel stuck with him since no doctors in Victoria take new patiens

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I have had Dr Hartford as my doctor since he took over for my previous doctor and have found him to be very good, a good listener, and open to suggestions if I would like more on my annual medical. The only part I didn't like was his previous recptionist, Peggy, who need work on her people skills, but his new one, Cindy, is great and like a friend. I would reccommend him with no hesitation.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I recently visited this doctor and was immediately referred to a specialist which was exactly what I needed. He is patient and knowledgeable, especially with the elderly.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I had too wait for 1 and half hours after my booked appointment time. He is never in the office and always ask questions already in my file. He is neither confident nor knowledgeable . I only visit him because he took over my previous doctor's patients DO NOT VISIT HIM

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I really appreciate the wonderful care we receive with Dr. Hartford. He is easy to talk to and never rushes the appointment. His receptionist Cindy is friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Every time I visit Dr. Hartford's office, I leave a better person for it. I like him because he is more likely to suggest diet and lifestyle changes than to make a fast grab for his prescription pad. He has referred me to a couple of absolutely stellar specialists, too. Dr. Hartford is our family doctor, and he and his MOA Cindy feel like members of our family.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

A fantastic GP. Always has time to hear you out and is very willing to send me to a specialist whenever there is a need. He always follows up after tests or emergency visits. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

A great GP. Pleasent, helpful and has no quams about sending you to a specialist if needed. He makes going to the DR an enjoyable experience. Most importantly I trust him.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2012