Ratings for Dr. Clifford W. Deveney

Ratings above are irrelevant and insufficient and have been included only because they're required. What is relevant is that Dr. Deveny did not appear to patient or family member on day of surgery before or after operation. (A resident introduced herself briefly shortly before anesthesia and did not visit the patient after surgery.) A distress call for unexpected pain 24 hours later was not returned by anyone until day 5, when dept. mgr. was notified. (Then both MDs called.) Unexpected inflammation remained problematic for nearly two years, requiring numerous physician visits and treatments, at which time the repair failed and had to be re-operated upon (successfully) by another surgeon. It is unknown how much of the operation was done by the (presumably non-board certified)resident but Dr. Deveny knew he had been selected by pt. on account of his background. Also unknown is why a post-op phone message did not get returned by anyone in a department of which Dr. Deveny was chairman.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Beware, Dr. Deveney peforated my bowels during sugery and closed me up with repairing the peforation. Which caused me to be in ICU for 3 months on life line. My kidneys failed and I have a large ventral hernia now. I would not let him near me....

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

After waiting 45 minutes past my appointment time I questioned staff as to what was going on. Was told Dr had emergency and wanted me to wait. I waited another 1.5 hours for Dr to show. Once placed in room, I waited another 45 mintues for the Dr. Once he did show up, his hands were stained purple. I asked what happened to his hands. He informed me one of his wine barrels had sprung a leak @ home and he had to take care of it. This was his great emergency that kept me away from work waiting for him all afternoon! Very unprofessional behavior on his part.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2009

Dr. Clifford W. Deveney's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)