Ratings for Dr. Alexander Yan

I have read some of these reviews, I also work in the medical field so I know most of this you have to take with a grain of sand... I saw Dr.Yan today for the first time. one word AMAZING. he was very polite, he explained everything, went over my family history in detail. I never felt rushed or belittled. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone with any arthritis pain. thank you

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Explained things patiently and answered all questions.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

By some of the reviews on here it is clear that when people do not like something they hear they are quick to slam him. I have been a patient of his for 10 years and have NEVER had him make me feel like I wasting his time. He has phoned me on a Sunday to let me know that I had abnormal lab results and that I should follow up with my family doctor as soon as possible. His secretary is very kind and compassionate and will do her best to fit you in when you are having a bad flare (which if you have this disease you know is life-saving). Dr Yan does not mince words. He is straight to the point and will tell you if something you are doing is affecting your disease. People have to remember he is also human and nobody is perfect. I have never had a doctor let alone a specialist phone me on a weekend. It is obvious he cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Yan was amazing. He took a complete history, was kind, courteous, and took the time to explain our course of action in making a correct diagnosis as he believes my Rheumatoid Arthritis diagnosis could be incorrect. He promptly set up x-rays, ultrasound and blood work and had wonderful bedside manner. His staff are kind and have a wonderful sense of humor. Glad I found him after the last specialist I had to deal with!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Very knowledgeable with a very strong human side towards his patience.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I saw Dr.Yan looking for a diagnosis for what I now know is Ankylosing Spondylitis. In the first appt he made me feel so small. He questioned me over and over as if he did not believe my answers regarding my lifestyle. I decided that having a disease at a young age is hard enough, I don't need a condescending doc to top it off. I had got into another rheumatologist and had called Dr.Yan's office to request my file to be sent over. That night, I received a voicemail message from Dr.Yan himself. He belittled me and accused me of wasting everyone's time and money. I was shocked to have such a nasty message from a doctor himself. I was told by new docs that I should have reported him and his behaviour was disgusting. I now have a great rheumatologist and have managed to get my disease under complete control.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Went to Dr Yan for Lupus as well to get a letter for WCB. Was told that my extreme fatigue and stress had nothing to do with Lupus out breaks. Are you kidding me. When I asked for a copy of the letter he was righting to WCB I was told they are paying for it and I had to go through them to get the letter. Wait a minute Dr Yan, this is my file not WCB and no asked my permission. I am looking into the privacy act now. Not impressed

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr Yan is always prompt and professional, as long as you don't ask too many questions. When you question anything he has said, it's taken personally. If he must repeat, he gets short. He is a lot like most specialists I've met along the way. His receptionist is terrible as far as receptionists go. I've only ever met the one, but she (they?) is NEVER there to answer calls, VERY seldom return calls and expects patients to call in to confirm appointments. In other words... do her job. Not sure what she does while on shift. Certainly not the usual gig. I go because he has had many years of experience and was recommended to me.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

This doctor is life changing. Has always been great with us. And quite frankly I could care less what his bed side manner is like. We are there to get results and he provides them. He knows his stuff and has helped my husband have a better life. His Pain is manageable and that is what matters. Incredible Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I am very surprised at these comments. I found Dr Yan to be very kind and to the point. People think he fat shames, but the reality is weight is a HUGE factor to relieving your symptoms. You may not want to hear it, but it is NOT fat shaming. I found his secretary (who is new) to very cheery, friendly, and helpful. The other staff in that office work for their perspective doctors not one doctor.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016