Ratings for Dr. Alexander Yan

This doctor is paid to work for Wcb . His diagnosis was very incorrect!! He just told me I had something - that I actually didn't have . Reason was it easy to do a Wcb report for them . Plus how else would he get paid if he didn't make Wcb happy! So I went to a non- working Wcb Rhuematolgist and sure enough he actually did testing and found out what was wrong . Dr. Yan is rude / short / not helpful/ has no care in the world! Coldest heartless man for a doctor. So disappointed in is bedside manners and unprofessional... Doctors like him should be reviwed and monitored to make sure he does his job correctly and not making up lies for Wcb ... Sad !!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I believe Dr. Yan is the best in this field. Always punctual, always professional, and very knowledgeable. I have been with him a long time and he always kind to me. I am pleased to have him as my Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

He was awful and only fat shamed me....I was 20 lbs overweight, but had just given birth ! Brought in my husband from the waiting room to try to humiliate me in front of him as well. Saw another Dr who diagnosed me with a severe degenerative disease.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I believe Dr. Yan is the best in his field. Very knowledgeable. After 8 years, he has kept me waiting once. I can highly recommend him. You must have a referral to see him.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Thorough! Dr. Yan had actually read my file and new my history and reviewed ALL the tests before he even met with me. After 6 years, 2 GPs, another Rheumatologist, an internal medicine specialist, and 2 orthopedic surgeons, Dr. Yan finally figured out my diagnosis. It is such a relief to deal with someone who is respectful, thorough and interested in his field of medicine. He was compassionate and professional and I appreciated that he was straight forward.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Yan is a knowledgable doctor. He is very professional and kind. He gives his patients positive energy. It is a pleasure to see him. Thank you Dr. Yan for being an extraordinary person.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I consider myself very fortunate that I was referred to Dr. Alex Yan. During my initial visit everything regarding my exam and treatment plan was explained to me then Dr. Yan brought in my husband to explain it to him and he asked him also if he had any questions or concerns. This was a Friday, that Sunday I was called by Dr. Yan to ensure that all was still well and that I did not have any questions /concerns regarding my new medications. My care has been second to none.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Yan by my family doctor and have been seeing him for a year now. He is very thorough and helpful. When deciding on a treatment plan, he understood my hesitation and even referred me to one of his colleagues for additional ultrasounds to assess the damage that conventional x-rays did not reveal. It really showed the care and concern to get me on the correct treatment plan but also give me a better understanding to make an informed decision that was right for me. I would highly reccomend Dr. Yan for those with RA.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I was very happy with my appointment with Dr Yan - he was very thorough and empathetic - I also found his receptionist to be very efficient and friendly.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

I've been going to Dr. Yan for about 8 years. He was the one who told me I had RA; my own GP passed the buck when I got my lab results. He is usually running behind but not by too much, 15 minutes maybe. He is very knowledgeable but sometimes does not inspire confidence. He confuses me with another patient every single time I visit. Asks if I'm pregnant yet and that I should get on it since I'm getting older... I have to tell him every time that having kids would be nice but not if I'm single. (personal preference) This annoys me to no end. Please take a look at your patient file before coming in and discussing drug options when pregnant. Also, I think he has staffing problems because it seems to be a new receptionist every year or 2 but generally they are nice.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014