You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Alexander Yan

He was awful and only fat shamed me....I was 20 lbs overweight, but had just given birth ! Brought in my husband from the waiting room to try to humiliate me in front of him as well. Saw another Dr who diagnosed me with a severe degenerative disease.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I believe Dr. Yan is the best in his field. Very knowledgeable. After 8 years, he has kept me waiting once. I can highly recommend him. You must have a referral to see him.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Thorough! Dr. Yan had actually read my file and new my history and reviewed ALL the tests before he even met with me. After 6 years, 2 GPs, another Rheumatologist, an internal medicine specialist, and 2 orthopedic surgeons, Dr. Yan finally figured out my diagnosis. It is such a relief to deal with someone who is respectful, thorough and interested in his field of medicine. He was compassionate and professional and I appreciated that he was straight forward.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Yan is a knowledgable doctor. He is very professional and kind. He gives his patients positive energy. It is a pleasure to see him. Thank you Dr. Yan for being an extraordinary person.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I consider myself very fortunate that I was referred to Dr. Alex Yan. During my initial visit everything regarding my exam and treatment plan was explained to me then Dr. Yan brought in my husband to explain it to him and he asked him also if he had any questions or concerns. This was a Friday, that Sunday I was called by Dr. Yan to ensure that all was still well and that I did not have any questions /concerns regarding my new medications. My care has been second to none.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Yan by my family doctor and have been seeing him for a year now. He is very thorough and helpful. When deciding on a treatment plan, he understood my hesitation and even referred me to one of his colleagues for additional ultrasounds to assess the damage that conventional x-rays did not reveal. It really showed the care and concern to get me on the correct treatment plan but also give me a better understanding to make an informed decision that was right for me. I would highly reccomend Dr. Yan for those with RA.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

I've been going to Dr. Yan for about 8 years. He was the one who told me I had RA; my own GP passed the buck when I got my lab results. He is usually running behind but not by too much, 15 minutes maybe. He is very knowledgeable but sometimes does not inspire confidence. He confuses me with another patient every single time I visit. Asks if I'm pregnant yet and that I should get on it since I'm getting older... I have to tell him every time that having kids would be nice but not if I'm single. (personal preference) This annoys me to no end. Please take a look at your patient file before coming in and discussing drug options when pregnant. Also, I think he has staffing problems because it seems to be a new receptionist every year or 2 but generally they are nice.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I had a followup visit with Dr. Yan booked and the day before my appointment when I got home from work there was a message on my home phone from that if I didn't call back within an hour or two that they would give my appointment away and this was in the middle of the day. I was so upset about this that I didn't try to get another appointment right away and tried to get a referral to another Rheumatologist, but my doctor said that I should stick with Dr. Yan and call and make an appointment so I did that today and was told that I had to go back to my family doctor because it has been greater than 6 months since I've seen Dr. Yan and also that it will cost me $50.00 for an appointment to see him because I didn't show up for my last appointment.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Dr Yan is brilliant and knew that I had rheumatoid arthritis before anyone. Great office and staff!!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

Dr. Alexander Yan's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He was awful and only fat shamed me....I was 20 lbs overweight, but had just given birth ! Brought in my husband from the waiting room to try to humiliate me i..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I believe Dr. Yan is the best in his field. Very knowledgeable. After 8 years, he has kept me waiting once. I can highly recommend him. You must have a referral..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Thorough! Dr. Yan had actually read my file and new my history and reviewed ALL the tests before he even met with me. After 6 years, 2 GPs, another Rheumatologi..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yan is a knowledgable doctor. He is very professional and kind. He gives his patients positive energy. It is a pleasure to see him. Thank you Dr. Yan for be..."

July 29, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5M 0H4". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 10839 124 St NW". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804556740".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I consider myself very fortunate that I was referred to Dr. Alex Yan. During my initial visit everything regarding my exam and treatment plan was explained ..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was appalled at Dr. Yan's lack of professional conduct when he wrote a damning letter about me, yet Dr. Yan had never directly seen me as a patient. He took..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Yan by my family doctor and have been seeing him for a year now. He is very thorough and helpful. When deciding on a treatment plan, he ..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very happy with my appointment with Dr Yan - he was very thorough and empathetic - I also found his receptionist to be very efficient and friendly."

September 9, 2014