Ratings for Dr. Alexander Yan

I've been seeing this doctor for about 2.5 years now - NEVER had a single reason to complain. ALL my questions get answered and everything is explained to me in detail. Im grateful for this type of care and attention.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Professional, listened, advised medications and alternative treatments for Osteoarthritis.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Very unprofessional letter that Dr. Yan wrote to my family Doctor. He took information from a colleague in his office and used that 'hearsay' information to write a nasty letter to my Doctor. Dr. Yan may have many good qualities but using a neutral and unbiased judgment is not one of his strengths. With the letter that he wrote, luckily his 'information' could easily be countered and if necessary no problem challenging his hearsay opinion in cross examination.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

The secretary that works for Dr Yan is the extremely rude and belittling, I had an appointment that I was not aware of and I had received a call from their office letting me know I had missed an apparent appointment an hour ago, when I explained to the lady that I wasn't aware she argued with me that it didn't matter and that I had to go somewhere else and if I really wanted to see this doctor I would have to pay!! I called my other doctor who was the one that referred me to see dr yan and their office wasn't even aware that I had an appointment with dr yan and had told me that I was supposed to receive a letter about my appointment which I had not to let me know of my apparent appointment. They had told me that someone apparently confirmed the appointment for me and wouldn't tell me who because no one had confirmed it! I am so frustrated about this whole situation, I have never been spoken to so rudely before by anyone and can't believe that this is how they deal with sick patients! They make a mistake and blame it on the us for not showing up to an appointment that I was not aware of! After leaving a message to clear up the situation and explaining that not only I but my own doctor had not received a word on my appointment they never gave me a call back, so unprofessional!!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I have read some of these reviews, I also work in the medical field so I know most of this you have to take with a grain of sand... I saw Dr.Yan today for the first time. one word AMAZING. he was very polite, he explained everything, went over my family history in detail. I never felt rushed or belittled. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone with any arthritis pain. thank you

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Explained things patiently and answered all questions.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

By some of the reviews on here it is clear that when people do not like something they hear they are quick to slam him. I have been a patient of his for 10 years and have NEVER had him make me feel like I wasting his time. He has phoned me on a Sunday to let me know that I had abnormal lab results and that I should follow up with my family doctor as soon as possible. His secretary is very kind and compassionate and will do her best to fit you in when you are having a bad flare (which if you have this disease you know is life-saving). Dr Yan does not mince words. He is straight to the point and will tell you if something you are doing is affecting your disease. People have to remember he is also human and nobody is perfect. I have never had a doctor let alone a specialist phone me on a weekend. It is obvious he cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Yan was amazing. He took a complete history, was kind, courteous, and took the time to explain our course of action in making a correct diagnosis as he believes my Rheumatoid Arthritis diagnosis could be incorrect. He promptly set up x-rays, ultrasound and blood work and had wonderful bedside manner. His staff are kind and have a wonderful sense of humor. Glad I found him after the last specialist I had to deal with!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Very knowledgeable with a very strong human side towards his patience.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I saw Dr.Yan looking for a diagnosis for what I now know is Ankylosing Spondylitis. In the first appt he made me feel so small. He questioned me over and over as if he did not believe my answers regarding my lifestyle. I decided that having a disease at a young age is hard enough, I don't need a condescending doc to top it off. I had got into another rheumatologist and had called Dr.Yan's office to request my file to be sent over. That night, I received a voicemail message from Dr.Yan himself. He belittled me and accused me of wasting everyone's time and money. I was shocked to have such a nasty message from a doctor himself. I was told by new docs that I should have reported him and his behaviour was disgusting. I now have a great rheumatologist and have managed to get my disease under complete control.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017