Ratings for Dr. Alexander Yan

Very professional and kind. Very helpful and I finally got the right diagnosis after years. Thank you.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Dr Yan has been my doctor for at least 20 yrs. I have never experienced anything negative, I've never heard him yell. He has called me at work at home. He is probably one of best doctors I have. I wish I could see him more than once a year. Unfortunately his draw back is his new secretary. She is everything that has been said, but I'm willing to tolerate her.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

I was still stress out from last Wednesday's call (June 28 2017) with Dr. Yan. When I called last Wednesday at around noon, The receptionist, Theresa, wouldn't let me talk to him on the phone when I told her it's urgent and it would be great if I can talk to Dr. Yan for a few mins. She said he's busy with patients and you have to be patient. When Dr. Yan called me back after 4 PM, I asked him if I'm finished the pre screening process and ready to take Simponi. He immediately yelled at me telling me he already did and told me on June 5 2017, he documented and faxed the info to my BioAdvance coordinator. I replied that he didn't from his last call, saying he had to find the file. Which he said to me last time. He argue back at me refused to repeat himself, and yelled "Are you listening to me!?" I said I have ADHD, can you repeat it again? He insulted me by saying my brain is fried. Can you believe this guy? That's not how to treat me a patient. I was about to tell him if my brain is fried, how am I supposed to talk to you? He condescend, and belittle me not admitting he's wrong. You don't tell a guy with ADHD that, even thought I asked him nicely. I confirmed it with my coordinator that he only prescribed the Simponi for a year and not the clarification of the tests. Therefore, he lied to me. Also, he threatened me by saying he'll call my family doctor to talk to him because I problems communicating to him. I told him do not call. He disrespected me as a person when he told me he's out of the picture and its between me and my coordinator now; I don't have to take care of you. We just kept arguing with each other. I even apologized to him if I offended him and ended the call. I was enraged and so upset that day that it affected my sleep, hence why I woke up at 3:30 PM when my coordinator called last Thursday asking what happened during the call. Usually, I wake up an hour earlier than that. I'm trying to put this behind me and get better sleep. I just wanted to vent out my full frustration with Dr. Yan. I'm in the process of probably changing rheumatologist because I'm fed up with the guy and filing a complaint. He made it pretty clear he doesn't want to talk to me again. FUCK YOU DR. YAN! YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT! You're going to pay of what you did to me. You may sound nice for 1 day when you say I can't force you to take Simponi Biologic. It won't be kosher. Take care. Then mean to me the next day. This guy has mood swings BEWARE!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

would not recommend this doctor to anyone, he did not take care of my health needs at all

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I've been seeing this doctor for about 2.5 years now - NEVER had a single reason to complain. ALL my questions get answered and everything is explained to me in detail. Im grateful for this type of care and attention.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Professional, listened, advised medications and alternative treatments for Osteoarthritis.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Very unprofessional letter that Dr. Yan wrote to my family Doctor. He took information from a colleague in his office and used that 'hearsay' information to write a nasty letter to my Doctor. Dr. Yan may have many good qualities but using a neutral and unbiased judgment is not one of his strengths. With the letter that he wrote, luckily his 'information' could easily be countered and if necessary no problem challenging his hearsay opinion in cross examination.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

The secretary that works for Dr Yan is the extremely rude and belittling, I had an appointment that I was not aware of and I had received a call from their office letting me know I had missed an apparent appointment an hour ago, when I explained to the lady that I wasn't aware she argued with me that it didn't matter and that I had to go somewhere else and if I really wanted to see this doctor I would have to pay!! I called my other doctor who was the one that referred me to see dr yan and their office wasn't even aware that I had an appointment with dr yan and had told me that I was supposed to receive a letter about my appointment which I had not to let me know of my apparent appointment. They had told me that someone apparently confirmed the appointment for me and wouldn't tell me who because no one had confirmed it! I am so frustrated about this whole situation, I have never been spoken to so rudely before by anyone and can't believe that this is how they deal with sick patients! They make a mistake and blame it on the us for not showing up to an appointment that I was not aware of! After leaving a message to clear up the situation and explaining that not only I but my own doctor had not received a word on my appointment they never gave me a call back, so unprofessional!!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I have read some of these reviews, I also work in the medical field so I know most of this you have to take with a grain of sand... I saw Dr.Yan today for the first time. one word AMAZING. he was very polite, he explained everything, went over my family history in detail. I never felt rushed or belittled. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone with any arthritis pain. thank you

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Explained things patiently and answered all questions.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017