Ratings for Dr. Alexander Yan

He is rude and does not listen to his patients he thinks he knows everything. He does know a lot about RA but every person is different and suffer in their own way and he does not seem to understand that or just doesn't want to listen

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

For a number of years I was very fortunate to have had an excellent Rheumatologist by the name of Dr. Peter Chiu who recently retired from practice. My family Doctor booked an appointment for me to see a new Rheumatologist specialist Dr. Alexander yan When i arrived at Dr. Alexander yan office I was met a Very cotises and friendly lady receptionist, who introduced me to Dr. Alexander yan excellent assistant’ I have no doubt that she will be excellent Rheumatologist herself. I was able to talk to her about my history pointing out how it was effecting my day by day living with terrible pain that nothing seem to elevate it. She gathered a lot of notes from me and listened to me, i spoke for at least 30-minutes I was most impressed by her professional manor. Then i met Dr. Alexander yan, he was everything I could have ever asked for: Exceptional knowledge, he is very much a people professional Rheumatologist, i spoke Dr. Alexander yan in his office for an hour. I am now feeling so much better that I am once again living life without without pain Thank you Dr. Alexander yan.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Not at all helpful, very belittling and misinforming. Such a mix of reviews on here, the Dr must be bias, racist, or sexist in some way! Do not waste your time with Dr. Yan!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Very professional and kind. Very helpful and I finally got the right diagnosis after years. Thank you.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Dr Yan has been my doctor for at least 20 yrs. I have never experienced anything negative, I've never heard him yell. He has called me at work at home. He is probably one of best doctors I have. I wish I could see him more than once a year. Unfortunately his draw back is his new secretary. She is everything that has been said, but I'm willing to tolerate her.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

would not recommend this doctor to anyone, he did not take care of my health needs at all

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I've been seeing this doctor for about 2.5 years now - NEVER had a single reason to complain. ALL my questions get answered and everything is explained to me in detail. Im grateful for this type of care and attention.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Professional, listened, advised medications and alternative treatments for Osteoarthritis.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Very unprofessional letter that Dr. Yan wrote to my family Doctor. He took information from a colleague in his office and used that 'hearsay' information to write a nasty letter to my Doctor. Dr. Yan may have many good qualities but using a neutral and unbiased judgment is not one of his strengths. With the letter that he wrote, luckily his 'information' could easily be countered and if necessary no problem challenging his hearsay opinion in cross examination.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

The secretary that works for Dr Yan is the extremely rude and belittling, I had an appointment that I was not aware of and I had received a call from their office letting me know I had missed an apparent appointment an hour ago, when I explained to the lady that I wasn't aware she argued with me that it didn't matter and that I had to go somewhere else and if I really wanted to see this doctor I would have to pay!! I called my other doctor who was the one that referred me to see dr yan and their office wasn't even aware that I had an appointment with dr yan and had told me that I was supposed to receive a letter about my appointment which I had not to let me know of my apparent appointment. They had told me that someone apparently confirmed the appointment for me and wouldn't tell me who because no one had confirmed it! I am so frustrated about this whole situation, I have never been spoken to so rudely before by anyone and can't believe that this is how they deal with sick patients! They make a mistake and blame it on the us for not showing up to an appointment that I was not aware of! After leaving a message to clear up the situation and explaining that not only I but my own doctor had not received a word on my appointment they never gave me a call back, so unprofessional!!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017